Sonic Electronix

2nd time. Same Problem, Bout To Give Up! Subs Cutting Out!

LOL. Once again logic fails you. I average a wee 7 posts a day, what does post count matter? You just hate to see reality thrown in your face. Guess you really need to follow your own advice, it helps avoid these times that make you look the fool ;)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

another f&%ed up thing is alot of the times song that don't bump all that much like (Snap Backs & Tattoo's) Make it happen alot but something loud as s*%# like (Mercy) or damn near any 40 water s*%! does it less often.

Reading this tells me that the closer to tuning you play the less you have this problem. The closer to tuning you play the more box rise you have, That mean your amp puts out same voltage but less amperage. And that means it runs cooler and more efficient. With that in mind a couple of questions come up.

1. Since it does it with "songs that don't bump all that much" maybe the amp is getting hot and cutting out because of the increased amperage.

2. Check the ohms on each at the speaker wires. Make sure each one is wired correctly. Then check the load at the amp to make sure you are actually getting 2ohms.

You said before you had two amps so i am wondering if you maybe accidentally wired to 1ohm since you now have 1 amp.

I'm not sure why you haven't done this yet, everyone makes mistakes and if you prove us wrong then you can come back and tell us we were wrong, but at least we have will eliminated that possibility.

Like many others have said, i would also say check impedance with dmm on all sub coils. then make sure your wiring is correct just sounds like this is the issue. at least to me

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

Hey man I once had this problem like this, the amps stood on and everything and it frustrated this crap out of me. My issue was that I soldered all of my powers and grounds and the ground on the bass amp had got loose. not the wire itself but the terminal bolted to the chassis the wire inside the terminal was not solid with the solder, so i guess you can say the solder got loose lol. But definitely check all of your connections and check that all the subs are good like people are saying. You should try wiring one sub to the amp and seeing if this still happens.

I think that amp is only 2 ohm stable so im guessing you may have an impedance issue, or something is wrong with the amp. Also is it only the subwoofers or is it all of the speakers in your car?.

Just my subwoofers go out. My speaker are just running of my HU preamp.

Maybe I missed it but has anyone mentioned checking your RCA's to make sure there is not a bad connection that is causing the random signal loss. And have you ever hard a dmm on your amp when the problem occurred to see what is happening to voltage there?

Maybe I missed it but has anyone mentioned checking your RCA's to make sure there is not a bad connection that is causing the random signal loss. And have you ever hard a dmm on your amp when the problem occurred to see what is happening to voltage there?

No it hasn't happened when i have my ddm with me. Like i said it seems to happen the most when im driving.

No it hasn't happened when i have my ddm with me. Like i said it seems to happen the most when im driving.

That's what led me to believe it may be a bad RCA cable that would wiggle or lose signal when being bumped around.

Archived