Advice on a SQ/SPL system build

gotb00st

Hello,

I am new to these forums, I have spent a few weeks researching a putting together a list for a sq/spl system for my 2002 GMC Envoy SLT. I have around a $2000 to $2500 budget not including what I have already purchased. Currently the only things I've purchased is a Pioneer AVH-P8400BH double-din receiver and a ND-BC5 rear-view camera. I have all the required accessories including the onstar and aswc adapters. Here is what im leaning towards for my SQ/SPL build.

Alpine MRX-F65 4-chan amp (Front and Rear Components)

http://www.alpine-us...w/mrx-f65/Specs

Alpine SPR-60C 6-1/2" 2-way components (2 sets)

http://www.alpine-us...w/spr-60c/Specs

Audioque AQ2200D Amp (For subs)

http://www.audioque....ifier_p_31.html

Alpine SWX-1243D Subs (2 sets)

http://www.alpine-us...swx-1243d/Specs

That's my current build list. I am open to any advice or changes to my list. What I'm looking to get out of this is a even flow from lows to highs. I want to get a nice amount of SPL from the subs without ruining the SQ and also not overpowering the speakers. I still need to work on electrical. I have been looking at Iraggi alternators and XS power cells but I am not very familiar with what exactly I will need.

A friend of mine will be helping me with tuning the system and building the sub box. He has 15 years under his belt but has been out of the game for the past 5 years. So any pointers on that would also be helpful. I plan on completing this build before the winter hits and will post pics of the build upon progression.

Looks good so far, but I've head bad things about Iraggi from a few members, saying it doesn't put out the amps it claims. Look into Mechman, or DC Power.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Welcome to SMD

Sounds like a cool list you have there ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 4 weeks later...

I'd MUCH rather see one 8 in each door verses a pair of 6.5s ... and definately only one pair of tweeters up front instead of 2 ...

just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I've changed my sub setup quite drastically. I'm actually going with 2 fi sp4s now and a 5k amp. I only plan on putting in 1 6.5 per door. I don't want to have to make any modifications to the doors for resale purposes.

You might can check, if your vehicle is the same (similar) as the Trailblazer ... The bose systems in that body style vehicle had 8s in them ... You might can go to a junk yard and find the application pieces to bolt on a 8 inch driver in those doors, with NO door or door pannel modifications ... just a suggestion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Look into idmax 12s great sq and spl

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived