Second Skin Audio

box rise and ohm load help?

Alright so I just picked up an Audison LRx 4.300 and have a quick question about bridging it.

It is rated for 220 rms @ 4 ohms bridged and isn't stable below 4 ohms when bridged. I would like to run it in 3 channel mode with my front end off the first 2 channels and my sub off the bridged channel. The sub I am looking at is an AA assassin. The problem is that the assassin only comes in a d4 coil configuration. So I am wondering if I wire the sub down to 2 ohms then expect to see at least 1.5 ohm box rise this brings my final ohm load to 3.5-4 ohms that the amp actually sees. Does this make sense and will it work without risking the amp?

Thanks!

Matt

No, you cannot use that logic.

At one time, AA had the assassin in a single 4 ohm coil. PM me your zip and I can see if any are available and get you a price.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

No, you cannot use that logic.

At one time, AA had the assassin in a single 4 ohm coil. PM me your zip and I can see if any are available and get you a price.

PMed

Can you explain to me why this doesn't make sense?

You cannot rely on impedance rise. it can happen because of a number of factors, but it's not something you can really calculate and predict. you can't rely on impedance rise to save your amp. if for some reason you don't have the rise you thought you would, you could potentially blow your amp. plus, there is no rise when the sub is at rest, so your amp will probably go into protect because of the lower ohm load.

overall just not something to be relied on.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

why not just run it un-bridged?

i didn't think of that... that might work too

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.