Second Skin Audio

Anyone tried an SA recone on a CVX?

412 CVX

it's 2.25 from the center of the pole to the bolt. 4.5 across.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

gonna go ahead and bump this for those who wanted to see.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

just for the record, the length of the coil will matter as well as the distance from spiders to basket landing. its not just as easy as "oh the coil fits it works". and the 15" cvx/l7 has 2.67" coil which is only available in a dual 4 ohm. i would know, ive got a 12" l7 motor and 15" l7 motor. i was only able to find parts to build the 15" l7 motor, i couldnt find a coil to fit the 12" motor. good luck with this, but i feel like ultimately its going to be a waste.

i dont mean to come off as rude, i would just hate to see you buy a recone and be surprised it didnt work.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

well i'm for sure going to need a new basket. i'll do a dry fit and if it doesn't work i'll just build an SA 12 with the parts i have. thanks for the info though. didn't consider that.

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

• 4 weeks later...

i was only able to find parts to build the 15" l7 motor, i couldnt find a coil to fit the 12" motor.

So, you know where to get parts to rebuild a 15" L7? Or did you just use the motor, with a different basket? Hmm I'd love to know more about this!

Lots of questions, got any pics of said sub?

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Archived