Surveillance Camera with Motion Detection

Looking to install a camera looking at my parking spot, and a couple on either side of it. I had noted left on my car, and it was later scratched. Now my friend has had her car vandalized, she parks two spots over from me. The perps slashed all four tires and bashed her windshield in.

I am looking for a camera that has a good range (100-150), and is tripped by motion. I know nothing about these technologies. Is that too far for motion sensors to be effective?

Looking for feedback on products you have experience with, not "check out this website, they got some cool stuff". I am looking around online myself, opinions on tried and true equipment would be nice though.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

i would look into non motion cameras imo

stick to recording 24/7

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

u can get a 4 camera setup all day for 200 to 400 $ records directly to a hdd, all you need is a tv to re play it on

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

q-see

we have two of their ystems, you buy a whole set, should come with a dvr and four cameras, but we have probably ten to twelve total, including some pan-tilt-zoom ones, best part is, you can view it on your phone if you have an android, blackberry, windows, or iphone.

but if all you want is a single camera, you can get a usb camera and use dorgem to record, it has a setting for motion sensing.

1997 Ford Ranger

2 - Rockford Fosgate P3 600w 12s

1 - Soundstream Rubicon 1.1000d

Pioneer Mids/highs

Blacked out tail lights (removable, done with 20% static cling tint)

i actually deal with these cameras on a daily basis.

most digital cameras (ip cameras) will be great but not at that distance for motion. but they don't suck up that much data running full.

the company i work for has a website you might find what your looking for. and depending on the camera your looking for i might be able to help you on a price. just let me know what your looking for camera wise. there are tons of options from full pan tilt zoom to night vision to plain simple fixed cameras.

check out the cameras on the site www.openeye.net

and if you have any questions let me know ill get you headed in the direction you want.

with most ip cameras you can have record directly to your pc my company also provides software for this as well and tons of features such as remote via droid and iphone. also remote viewing and playback of video through another pc.

Edited by 01VWGREENMACHINE

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black

i actually deal with these cameras on a daily basis.

most digital cameras (ip cameras) will be great but not at that distance for motion. but they don't suck up that much data running full.

the company i work for has a website you might find what your looking for. and depending on the camera your looking for i might be able to help you on a price. just let me know what your looking for camera wise. there are tons of options from full pan tilt zoom to night vision to plain simple fixed cameras.

check out the cameras on the site www.openeye.net

and if you have any questions let me know ill get you headed in the direction you want.

with most ip cameras you can have record directly to your pc my company also provides software for this as well and tons of features such as remote via droid and iphone. also remote viewing and playback of video through another pc.

Thank you, this is perfect. I'll browse the site and send you a PM.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

well i dont know the situation but the nicest person but could have that bad day and say something someone doesn't like. Just saying something that severe can't just happen cuz you feel bored, even know that could have been the case as well. sorry for the judgement of your friend but should see all ends