Sonic Electronix

I don't know much about these subs, but I'll give my $0.02 though

In engineering we learn that corners are the weakest point in many structures. Corners get the most stress, which is why rounds are added to corners... in this case, the smaller the radius in the corner, the weaker it is and the larger it is, the stronger it'll be. The bottom line is that if you run this for a very long time (given that it doesn't blow first) then the corners will be first to fail.

I like this thread very calm and some good info. That being said my first subwoofer experience as I'm sure most people are with kicker. My friend had two solo x 15's in his dodge nitro. It's a very punchy sound and didn't get low, also due to his prefab box. They do get loud and are a good woofer, not SQ wise. The type x on the other hand, I've owned 1 a 12" and a 10" they are my favorite subwoofer from alpine. They take 1000rms and sound deep and round the bass, the bass kinda rolls over, not punchy at all. One of the better sounding woofers I've heard until I listened to AA lol.

Personally I'd keep the type x's bc they sound much better SQ

Edit: sorry for the grammar mistakes it's early in the morning and I still have sleep in my eyes lol

Did Kicker ever make a Solo X 15"?!?!

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Thread closed... People keep bitchin about it being a VS thread and the questions have been answered so I am going to close this thread now

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌