Has anyone used the new version of Gimp? I just downloaded it cause it says that its close to Photoshop. Already I can see so many differences between the two and some stuff thats the same. I did enjoy using photoshop but not sure I can make the payments, where as Gimp is free. I just lookin for some honest feed back about Gimp.

Gimp shares many of Photoshop's features and I enjoy using it as I am a Linux user. The interface, however, is far different. This is limiting to the Photoshop-familiar and new users since there are many more resources for help and information readily available to you when using Photoshop.

I'm gonna hate

You can do a lot of the same stuff with gimp, but I've been using photoshop so long that I can't get past the learning curve, everything is just a tad different. If you are starting from scratch, you can probably pick it up easier.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I've been using photoshop the past few months, even tested out the new cs6 beta version till that was over with. There is one feature photoshop had that I can't find (then again I just started using it) is the layer mask. That made something I did much easier, guess I'll give Gimp a try and see how it goes.

I say I can't find the damn thing, a minute later I find it....

Edited by hershy314

You can do a lot of the same stuff with gimp, but I've been using photoshop so long that I can't get past the learning curve, everything is just a tad different. If you are starting from scratch, you can probably pick it up easier.

I literally just explained the exact same thing in my post.

I'm gonna hate

It's taking some getting used to, but really I prefer ps. Guess this will do till I start the new job (second interview tomorrow, then pass a background check)

Just what makes you think you will pass? You terrorist!

I'm gonna hate

I use gimp, probably not the new version though because I hate updating software.

Not very good at it but i can figure something out if I really need or want to. hahah

I don't think it has as many features as Photoshop, but then again it isn't a couple hundred dollar program

It's taking some getting used to, but really I prefer ps. Guess this will do till I start the new job (second interview tomorrow, then pass a background check)

Just what makes you think you will pass? You terrorist!

Passed it before so I think this time I'll pass it again :peepwall:

I use gimp, probably not the new version though because I hate updating software.

Not very good at it but i can figure something out if I really need or want to. hahah

I don't think it has as many features as Photoshop, but then again it isn't a couple hundred dollar program

I'm using the newest version 2.8. Kinda glad I did upgrade, the newer one is a little easier to use than the previous version