Sundown Audio

New amp, is it any good?

Mb quart onx1.1500d has anyone heard this amp before looking to get it just curious on the quality of the build and how it sounds

They are a Maxxsonics-manufactured amp. For they money, they aren't bad. I personally stay away from Maxxsonics stuff, but if you find it for a good deal, I think it'll work just fine. If I am not mistaken, it's a cousin of the Hifonics Brutus series. It's got good reviews @ Sonic and should do near-rated power.

Edited by Sean Sinha

Alpine CDE-164BT/Rockford Fosgate P400X4

Kicker CS 6.5" Components (Front)

Kicker 6.5" Composites (Rear) (Running at -10DB for soundstage)

RF P400X1 Monoblock

2x Rockford Punch P1 12" 4 OHM SVC running @ 2 OHM in sealed 1" MDF box.

If im correct its very similar to the BRZ1700, which im running currently. Cant beat them for the price!

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

if youre on a budget......i suppose theyre alright...theyre stout and can take a beating..prolly the best thing about em

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

I want to see a gut shot. Doesnt it have 4 gauge inputs not 2 gauge like the BRZ 1700. The sides look identical almost to a BRZ 1200.

I wonder what differences there really are on the inside. Is it CEA compliant like the BRZ line...I know it doesnt mean alot for actual numbers but part of me feels like they put a MB Quart case on a BRZ amp upped the rating a little and called it good.

Kinda like how they have Autotek and Crunch under the Maxxsonics name...and that Mean Machine is 4000 with 4 gauge inputs. and the side of the board has two 70amp fuses identical to the brz1200

In fact a quick look at Sonic electronics the sides of the MB quart 1500 BRZ1200 and MM4000 all have the same number and look identical. But they could still use different components inside right?

Edited by Chris Hammer

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

i heard they are discontinuing mb quart or something, ive had two hifonics amps and my next pick would be an mb quart. if i had more money id go AQ or sundown but thats baller status. lol

Edited by tbake223

02 Ford Focus ZX3 hatch

4-Infinity Kappa 682.9cf's

DC Lvl 4

Hifonics BRZ 1200.1 @ 1 ohm

Kicker Wires

Rockford RCAs

Future Upgrades

Knu 1/0

XS Power D1200

80 mil audiotechnix B stock

maxxsonics amps never do rated, good for the money though.

would like to see some clamp scores on these or hifonics

id love to test my actual output, but A. My voltage drops to 12.9 at full tilt while idling, and B. I don't have a clamp meter, just a Fluke 88...my grandfather, who's a retired electrician might though....if i can find one without buying one, ill do the tests.

I want to see a gut shot. Doesnt it have 4 gauge inputs not 2 gauge like the BRZ 1700. The sides look identical almost to a BRZ 1200.

I wonder what differences there really are on the inside. Is it CEA compliant like the BRZ line...I know it doesnt mean alot for actual numbers but part of me feels like they put a MB Quart case on a BRZ amp upped the rating a little and called it good.

Kinda like how they have Autotek and Crunch under the Maxxsonics name...and that Mean Machine is 4000 with 4 gauge inputs. and the side of the board has two 70amp fuses identical to the brz1200

In fact a quick look at Sonic electronics the sides of the MB quart 1500 BRZ1200 and MM4000 all have the same number and look identical. But they could still use different components inside right?

if it weren't a bitch to get mine out id take a gut shot for ya, but it requires removing my back seat completely and all, and its too fucking hot for that.... my BRZ1700 takes 0ga knuconceptz wire.....

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.