Second Skin Audio

Good woofer for Isobaric setup?

Not many people run isobaric anymore. Subwoofers can take so much more power nowadays then they used to be able to when isobaric enclosures were in style.

Iso is perfect for SQ systems.

What style of iso box are you talking about? because the one he is talking about is half the cone area, half the box size, half the output, double the power.

I'm basically going for what Cableguy has in his truck. But a little different of course. (Cableguy if you see this, sorry for stealing your ideas...)

I'm not looking for huge output or big numbers. Just want a nice sounding sub stage to match everything else. Heck, it's not even set in stone what I'm doing. Just asking a few questions so I can get some ideas down on paper.

Its cool Brother ... Pleas keep in mind that Blues Car Audio has done TONS of research on this to make things work correctly ...

Back in the day, they had 10s, 12s, and 15s setups ... today's setups are 8s and 10s ...

Heck, beck then they had the Triso-beric enclosures ... They were Awesome ... But would not work with today's drivers ...

If it was me, based on research, I'd save the money for the Blues before you "Try" and make something work ...

Just my suggestion Sir ...

Contact Ray and get specific info from the inovater himself ... www.linearpower.com

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I have pics of LeaAnn's Trailblazer build around here somewhere with the 2 8" iso-kit setup ...

I will post them if you like ... Its for a suv, where as mine it setup as a blow thru truck enclosure ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I have pics of LeaAnn's Trailblazer build around here somewhere with the 2 8" iso-kit setup ...

I will post them if you like ... Its for a suv, where as mine it setup as a blow thru truck enclosure ...

That would be awesome man!

Thanks!

That would be awesome man!

Thanks!

LeaAnn's Trailblazer is very nice.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

I too wish to see this TrailBlazer's substage. :D My wife has at TB and it is going to get the SQ treatment too. Space is a concern, so that is why I am really liking the ISO configuration as well.

..and I was wondering if I was the only one who spied those Blues 8"s on Ebay. :popcorn: It did cross my mind... many times.

OP, you set on having them Cone to Magnet (like the Blues Audio Iso setups) or is cone to cone (one wired out of phase) an option? I don't know how much difference it would make- other than aesthetics and maybe a smaller volume between the two subs. Cablguy184 would have to chime in on that. I'm in the same budget with you on prices- but damn do those Blues Audio Isos sound NICE.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

I too wish to see this TrailBlazer's substage. :D My wife has at TB and it is going to get the SQ treatment too. Space is a concern, so that is why I am really liking the ISO configuration as well.

..and I was wondering if I was the only one who spied those Blues 8"s on Ebay. :popcorn: It did cross my mind... many times.

OP, you set on having them Cone to Magnet (like the Blues Audio Iso setups) or is cone to cone (one wired out of phase) an option? I don't know how much difference it would make- other than aesthetics and maybe a smaller volume between the two subs. Cablguy184 would have to chime in on that. I'm in the same budget with you on prices- but damn do those Blues Audio Isos sound NICE.

I was planning on running them cone to magnet. And I'm with you on the differences between them. Thank goodness I have a TON of time before I start an actuall build of any kind lol.

Ive been looking at those 8's for a while now. He also had a Old School 12 ISO there at one time.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

Archived