DC Sound Lab

Yea i usually just figure out the cuts once I'm out there but just trying to get myself a cut sheet so I can cut it quick. I see the first piece now but the second seems short? Lol could you explain?

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Didn't look at the measurements, but it might seem short cause te actual length of the port is going to be shorter than the number you entered into the calc. If you look at the boxes on the right there is one that says "physical port length" and it's a shorter length than the number you put into the calc under port dimensions. That might be where the confusion is.

I ignore the physical port length on the calculator. Paper and pencil and numbers in my head is the most accurate way.

I thought the Physical port length is the actual length down the center of the port? Isn't it because a slot port needs to be calculated for end correction or something like that? And the Torres calc does that automatically. I could be wrong but that's how I understood it in another thread I read a while back.

That number is the total length of the actual cut pieces, minus the baffle, turning the corner, and doesn't take into consideration the .75" thickness of port piece one.

Ahh gotcha makes sense now.