Sonic Electronix

Putting my new setup together but need speakers up front. Thinking about doing 6.5 in the doors (2 doors), and two 6x9 or 6.5 in the back. What should I put in the back if anything? And what brand should I go with? Was thinking hifonics, polk audio, pioneer, or fosgate. I don't need any more bass I already have 2 15's I just need the best mids/highs I can get. I also need whatever I put in to be able to take a lot and be extremely loud to overpower the cars open header exhaust :P. I also have a 600.4 hifoncis amp dedicated for whatever I decide to put on it. Any advice would be great. Oh, and the 6.5's in the front have to be covered by a grill due to a roll cage being right in front of them. Thanks!

***2001 GMC 2500HD Regular Cab***

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-2 12 inch Pioneer Step-up Shallow Mounts

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

-Pioneer 6.5 coax in the doors

-Pioneer 4x6 coax in the pillars

-Old School Alpine MRV-F250 for Mids/Highs

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-500+ cubic inch 950hp BBC + 400-650 shot of Nitrous

-Audio coming soon-

the best advice i can give is go around some local shops and listen to the different brands of speakers that they have. and try to find some that you like first. IMO when it comes to mid/highs speakers its all about what sounds good to you. it would really suck to invest in a set of speakers only to get them installed and find out you hate them. WOMBAT.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

i agree with maebros. i have some older eclipse 51/4 inch comps. and i bought some newer hertz hi energy comps and the eclipse sound way better .. but from what u listed the fosgate are really good for around $250 .. power wise its worth looking at the RE audio XXX 6.5 they range from $260 to $350... if u have the money u cant go wrong with focal , they are super loud and clear.. have u thought about running active ? then if so the new fosgate pro are really nice and loud..

oh and if u do run a rear stage u dont need much.. maybe some col-axle ... a rear stage isnt really needed this way u can spend more up front . but if u are running 2 15's i was say 2 sets up front .. i am am running 3 sets of comps 2 front and one in the rear just to keep up with my single 15 ..

but for the most part get out there and start researching and licensing to all different kinds .. there are soooo many good speakers in the 300 dollar rang .. good luck

alpine head unit (freebee 2009 model)2 sets of eclpise 5.25 comp. speakers.

1. set is in the a-pilors

1. memphis mojo 2500 watt amp

1. rockford fosgate t2 15"

dual 2 ohm wired to 4 ohm . seeing 600 watts

1. realm audio 600 watt 4ch

I'm going by a local stereo shop or two today hopefully maybe even Walmart just for kicks. Stuff is junk but enough of it and it sounds good at some point, right? LOL

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-Audio coming soon-

Don't go cheap on the front speakers. If you don't use rear ones that leaves you more money for the frontstage ! Better idea !

More cheap speakers won't sound as good as less good quality speakers ! Understand what I mean ? (I'm French so it's not always easy to tell what I mean in good English !!!).

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Makes perfect sense. I think I'm going to get some nicer front speakers that will hold a good 120rms each or I might go with 2 in each door of a medium quality such as Hifonics. Bad idea?

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-Audio coming soon-

Makes perfect sense. I think I'm going to get some nicer front speakers that will hold a good 120rms each or I might go with 2 in each door of a medium quality such as Hifonics. Bad idea?

its not a bad idea to do 2 sets for the front ... how much do u want to spend on each set ? what kinda car are u putting them in ? idk about the hifonics ... lol walmart i avoid the audio there lmao ..

alpine head unit (freebee 2009 model)2 sets of eclpise 5.25 comp. speakers.

1. set is in the a-pilors

1. memphis mojo 2500 watt amp

1. rockford fosgate t2 15"

dual 2 ohm wired to 4 ohm . seeing 600 watts

1. realm audio 600 watt 4ch

I have just liked all my hifonics stuff in the past. The speakers are going in a 69 camaro z28 drag car that's also getting 2 15's thrown in it. I am getting a hifonics zrx1000.4 amp for the mids and highs thats gonna put out 125x4 @4ohm. Due to needing $350 in 22ft of 4 gauge wiring, a cap, rca's, line driver/equalizer, ring terminals, 4 channel amp, and other little things...My budget is tight. I'm ordering most of the little stuff like this off amazon. I saw the hifonics 6.5's they looked recent and had good reviews. They're 75rms. Other than these I was looking at polk audio 6.5's. The DB651s speakers. They're 55rms. My car has a loud exhaust so I need speakers that can get really loud and not mind it. Do you think I should just go with a 600.4 hifonics? It's 75x4 @4ohm. Theres only a $20 difference between the two so I figured might as well. Good idea? And which speakers seem good? If either of these, LOL.

-Jensen 9312 Flip-Out

-Kicker ZX750.1 for Lows

***1969 Camaro Z/28***

-Audio coming soon-

Archived