Why are the PWX 6.5's so cheap?

Names_jeff

also from the looks of it it seems like the crescendos have a similar design to the pro series beymas.. they do lack on the highs.. but a pair of super tweeters will make them sound great

2008 BMW 550i M Sport

Build coming soon!

2000 Volvo s40 1.9T
Pioneer DVD navigation head unit
O2 audio performance mid range speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-6 Pro Mid Range Speakers
2 Crescendo PWX-8 Pro Mid Range Speakers
4 Selenium ST200 Super Tweeters
Hifonics ZRX2000.4 Amplifier
2- 12 inch DC Audio Level 4 m2
Hifonics Brutus BXI-1610D Amplifier

2 KinetiK HC1400R- Secondary Batteries
Kinetik HC600- Secondary Battery
Knukonceptz 1/0 gauge big 3 upgrade

Well i think this is my first post on here but i just got 8 of em and they look beastly replacing my cadence hope they sound good

Damn noob is going to be screaming!

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

WTF????

so you want to pay like 200 for a ˝nice˝ speaker??

come one man....its not like if some piece is cheap its not a good qualitiy....i love my pyles pro 6.5 they get loud and clear...for a cheap speaker

Really? I mean... really?

That's like saying all the girls in the playboy mansion and a fat chick who sucks dick for poptarts are the same thing.

I would think the fat chick would try harder, but both would get the job done. Personally, id take one from the mansion myself, but still....

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I had a chance to use both the 4ohm and 8 ohm over the past week.

Quality wise, I was very impressed with the build of them. Nice fit and finish to them. Build wise, the push terms are one of the most annoying items I have ever dealt with in a speaker. They actually sit out further then the cutout for the basket. If you mount them in a baffle deeper then 1/2' you will have clearance issues with them/ Would of been nice to see them parallel with the basket and not sticking out as they are. Being the tabs are mounted on a case frame, you are fucked to move them. I ended up making a set with direct leads to solve our install issue.

Sound wise, they are a typical PA mid. They have very little impact under 250hz and started to fall quite a bit about 5k. It seams to be difficult to find any PA driver to give a solid performance under 280hz. I found them to be better crossed at 315 to 5k. Like most PA drivers, you will need to cut the 1k-1.8k hard to take the screech out of them. The Seleniums I use are no different. Slope wise, the harder I cut them, the more they sounded like computer speakers. If I kept them closer to a 6 - 12db slope, they did very well. 30db was all bad.

Overall I think they more then do the job for what people are looking for them to do. Get super loud cheaply. I think paired with a solid tweeter crossed over around 4k they can make most people happy in the price range they are in.

Bill

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived