wiring a second battery question

right now i have it fused after the front battery and fused at my dis block. if i add a second battery, i know i need to fuse before the second battery. question is, do i still need to fuse at the dis block? so ill have a total of 3 inline fuses? the second battery wont be more than 2 feet from the amps

2004 cavalier 2 door 5 speedalpine cda-103skar pax 6.5s

power acoustik D1-6000power acoustic 4-2600soundquest 1/0 throughoutDC XL M2 18 walledstock altbig 3 donestock battery under hood, 1400cca 400ah semi battery in the trunk

Rule of thumb: Fuse every single positive wire coming off / going to the battery as close to the battery as you can. And fuse every time a wire decreases in size. Ex: 0 to 4 gauge

Do it like this if you can:

BATT----FUSE------------------DIST BLOCK------------------FUSE----BATT

And if the wires coming out of the dist block are a smaller gauge then fuse those wires according to their amperage rating as close to the dist block as possible.

Edit- So if the main wire between batterys is 1/0 OFC then it should be fused to around 280-300 for the two fuses close to the batterys. And if you end up having 4awg coming out of the dist block, then that wire should be fused to about 100-125 as close to the dist block as possible.

Edited by sprkn_ranger

im missing a lot of fuses then. i have it like this right now. front bat---fuse--------------fuse----dis block-1/0----sub amp/ dis block-4g----mids/highs amp.

you can see shortly in the vid how it is. btw, the wires have been cleaned up. i had just rewired it that day.

power acoustik D1-6000power acoustic 4-2600soundquest 1/0 throughoutDC XL M2 18 walledstock altbig 3 donestock battery under hood, 1400cca 400ah semi battery in the trunk

The only one you missing is the one after your second dist block where the wire drops from 1/0-4awg. That is assuming you have 1/0 from the front batt to your first dist block. When you drop wire size, you need to fuse cause the smaller wire won't pop the larger wire's fuse before it overheats and melts/cathes fire.

yes its 1/0 from the front battery down to 4g for the mids amp

Yea, then you just need a fuse after the dist block where it drops from 1/0 to 4awg. Once you add the second battery, put a fuse as close to the second battery as you can and you will be good.

ty for the help!

Do it like this if you can:

BATT----FUSE------------------DIST BLOCK------------------FUSE----BATT

And if the wires coming out of the dist block are a smaller gauge then fuse those wires according to their amperage rating as close to the dist block as possible.

Edit- So if the main wire between batterys is 1/0 OFC then it should be fused to around 280-300 for the two fuses close to the batterys. And if you end up having 4awg coming out of the dist block, then that wire should be fused to about 100-125 as close to the dist block as possible.

I didn't know this, I have my amp directly to the rear battery, but my amp has a fuse. Should I still fuse it for safety?