Second Skin Audio

Upgrade my system, Need help!

Alright so first of all i have 2 10" kicker cvr and a 1000 watt amp. It's ok but doesn't hit low and I'm looking for something with more bass and I want to be heard from blocks away with deep low bass. I have a 07 civic si coupe. Right now I'm thinking of one 12" maybe aa chaos or Fi.. but any advice or ideas is good

what amp do you have at the moment

what box is the 2x10 in, and any info on the box,

what H/U

big3 yes/no, high amp alt, system voltage when at full tilt

You may have it wired wrong, or incorrect box,

there not the best subs on the market but on 1k you should be herd coming

once you no all that

get out the tape and measure you trunk,

DONT buy a sub and make it fit,

work out what you have and chose the best option to suit that airspace

Edited by john253a

say no to prefab if you want to change your peak frequency. Usually prefab boxes are tuned to higher frequencies which won't allow you to hit the lows like you want to.

I wouldn't use a distance from the car that it can be heard to describe how loud you want to be. A lot of people kinda look down on that just so you know. If you get enough power then you will be heard. I was told that people could hear me for a distance with a single 12 on 275wrms.... it's not too difficult

Def do big 3 and if you do more power then upgrade alts too

Before you buy new subs, try to build a box threw the spec´s. In the subwoofersection you can find the Torres boxcalculator, if you need some help, surly some members would be glad to help you to build a proper box.

Edited by Watch the bass

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Alright so first of all i have 2 10" kicker cvr and a 1000 watt amp. It's ok but doesn't hit low and I'm looking for something with more bass and I want to be heard from blocks away with deep low bass. I have a 07 civic si coupe. Right now I'm thinking of one 12" maybe aa chaos or Fi.. but any advice or ideas is good

List the specs for the box both port (area and length) and external dimensions, Now 2 10" will hardly be enough to be heard blocks away, and yes besides your box likely bad better subs can also help.

Thanks guys. Now i definitely know its the box. How much would it cost for a custom one

Have you ever used torres box calculator? it's much more satisfying to do it yourself and it's really not to difficult to use. download it, try it, post pics and we can steer you in the right direction