Second Skin Audio

enclosure volume port area and how many watts waht is the connection ?

Also, the more port area, the less it controls the cone, so if you have too much port area, you can have unloading issues similar to having too big of box. Too small of port area and you can loose output and have port noise.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Also, the more port area, the less it controls the cone, so if you have too much port area, you can have unloading issues similar to having too big of box.

No.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

Box volume reduction can help mechanical power handling to a certain degree but thermal compression will still become a problem with too much power to the drivers in any enclosure.

I'm gonna hate

Also, the more port area, the less it controls the cone, so if you have too much port area, you can have unloading issues similar to having too big of box.

No.

he is correct to a point. i took 50 inches of port from my port, was able to burp more power and gained a little on the meter. if the port is to big it messes with the pressure inside the enclosure. my subs would unload completly under 32hz and cone control is non exsistent. shunk the port down and got the cone control i needed. but i was also around 22 inches per cube on the port. added a little more backpressure and all was good.

Edited by Violence.

No.

he is correct to a point. i took 50 inches of port from my port, was able to burp more power and gained a little on the meter. if the port is to big it messes with the pressure inside the enclosure. my subs would unload completly under 32hz and cone control is non exsistent. shunk the port down and got the cone control i needed. but i was also around 22 inches per cube on the port. added a little more backpressure and all was good.

Were you burping below your tuning frequency?

Are you sure your tuning frequency and net volume stayed exactly the same?

I would bet more variables changed than just the port area.

Edited by bkolfo4

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

everything was the same. port volume was the same. and i burped 2 different tones. 35 and 40hz. tuning was 32hz. same power. clamped power was 13'126w clamped.

13kW!? :o

Edited by 8ight

I'm gonna hate