Second Skin Audio

DC Level XL 15" Running on Kicker ZX2500.1 Box Help

On a side note, glad to hear you finally gave up trying to fit 15s in the space for 12s. You were sealed before weren't you? Anyway, I'm tuned in for the rebuild and I'm really curious to see how happy you are with it THIS time :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

On a side note, glad to hear you finally gave up trying to fit 15s in the space for 12s. You were sealed before weren't you? Anyway, I'm tuned in for the rebuild and I'm really curious to see how happy you are with it THIS time :)

Hell yea man, i had the 2 15 cvx's in a sealed 6.5cub box, so these new subs in the right size box should be amazing, waiting for a job to be able to buy the wood and subs, but working on a box design :D hope someone chimes in on what 2 dc level 4 12" like for volume and port space

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

• 1 month later...

im pretty sure im doing 15's now :P i can have my cvx's in until I can buy the dc's, im trying some ideas with external ports, trying to calculate it out :D

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, So I want to get this box built over the next week or 2 for sure, I am going to build it for my 2 kicker cvx 15's, but will later replace them with 2 DC Level 4 15"

The DC Subs want 3.25 cubes per sub, so I designed the box around the dc's, and after the port space its 6.48 cubes @ 33.33hz tuning

I think the Kicker CVX's should enjoy this box too for the next 6 months or so that they will be in there :D

Let me know what you think, if I should change anything, this box is literally the largest that I can get to fit in my hatch, I will have no trunk, and hardly room for the 2500.1 amp

5 Inches of the port is on the outside of the box facing up towards the ceiling, I have it triple sound deadened above the subs in the ceiling so it carries the bass right up to the front

I want to make sure I got everything calculated right, and if you suggest anything different

Also, If I run the subs inverted, which I may, it drops the tuning down to around 32.3hz, so I may just do that if it looks good, which I think it will :P

The CVX's and the DC's are 15.5 -15.7 inches wide around the outer basket, so ((box width: 40.75) - (Port width: 7) - (Outer Walls: .75 x 2) = (32.25 /2)) = 16.125 inches for each sub, so I will have to do perfect cuts for the subwoofer holes :P

IMAG0161.jpg

box.png

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

Port area per foot is a tad low in my opinion. If it could be bumped even by 2 sq inches per foot I'd say its be good to go on a low tune of 33Hz. 10 is risking port noise in my opinion. I can't guarantee that to be the case, but it's flirting with it being lower than I'd be comfortable cutting wood for.

Port area per foot is a tad low in my opinion. If it could be bumped even by 2 sq inches per foot I'd say its be good to go on a low tune of 33Hz. 10 is risking port noise in my opinion. I can't guarantee that to be the case, but it's flirting with it being lower than I'd be comfortable cutting wood for.

Thanks man, I will see what I can do, the hard thing is the more port area you make the longer the port, and I have to give enough room on the bottom of the box and above the port where the ceiling is :P ill work and see what I can do

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

I have a problem, I measured and I will have no room to put the amp, I am seriously thinking of putting these 2 cvx's in a sealed box about 3.6 cubic ft, that would give me room to make a nice amp rack, and have half a trunk left for whatever, I am thinking of keeping the cvx subs for this vehicle and will do dc subs in a another car someday in the future, I am limited with space and money so its really hard for me to decide :( I really wanted ported so I could get those insane lows, but like I said this really limits me since I have not much space to work with, anyone ever have 2 cvx 15's in a sealed before? I did with a 6.6 cubic ft box, and they slammed, and a smaller box should make them tighter

This video seems to show that it will hit low still, Im seriously thinking about this route, the cabin space in my car is so small that it doesnt take much bass to become deafening in there, and I can build it on 1 sheet of mdf, since I am on a tight budget, and I have grills for these subs, and will have them sit flush by adding an extra layer for the baffle

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

So instead of continuing to be stubborn and trying to fit 15s in space for 12s, why don't you ditch the idea? Put two big badass 12s in a badass ported box and be done with it. Why are you so set on 15s, just to say you have 15s? I'm much more proud when someone sees all the noise I can create with my 2 10s and don't believe that 10s could be that loud.

You have PLENTY of room for 2 12s ported and room leftover for amps. I can GUARANTEE you'd get more output and better lows with 2 12s in the proper box than you currently get with your CVXs. I'm not at all trying to be rude, but I don't know why you won't just entertain the idea of 2 12s and trust that it'll impress you.

My pair of cvx 15 hit low and also hit the higher bass. Im tuned at 34hz and have 3.5 net on each with 15 inches of port but that can be dropped to 12-14 since kickers dont need much port per.

Very happy with the sound and range from 28hz to 70 plus hard.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

My pair of cvx 15 hit low and also hit the higher bass. Im tuned at 34hz and have 3.5 net on each with 15 inches of port but that can be dropped to 12-14 since kickers dont need much port per.

Very happy with the sound and range from 28hz to 70 plus hard.

Did you read his problem at all? He doesn't have 3.5 cubes per sub after displacements. He needs to ditch the 15s and get a couple of mean 12s that will work in the space he has.

Archived