Sundown Audio

are audiopipe amps good?

9blazer8

I will stand by Audiopipe until the day I'm proved wrong.

I ran 2 of the 3k's at 1Ω each (Half rated stable impedance) on stock alt with only 2 extra batteries and never had an issue with them.

The only time I did was when I had the amps mounted underneath the box and it was over 100* out that day so it was thermal related.

And this claim of dirty power is just one of those stupid things that starts floating around that has no merit.

When I changed to my AB 500.1 on ONE song ONLY did I notice a difference in sound and that was a song that had distortion already built in so I may have set the HPF on the AB higher than I did on the AP's, other than that absolutely NO difference.

In fact, to the ear the two Audiopipe amps seemed just a tad louder than the AB 500.1.

The one thing I will give them is they need current to make power. Not as efficient as the AB is.

But as others have said, there has to be a reason you're blowing your amps. You need to investigate that more.

And 2 1500's will not produce 5400rms even if you could get them to run 16v.

I will stand by Audiopipe until the day I'm proved wrong.

I ran 2 of the 3k's at 1Ω each (Half rated stable impedance) on stock alt with only 2 extra batteries and never had an issue with them.

The only time I did was when I had the amps mounted underneath the box and it was over 100* out that day so it was thermal related.

And this claim of dirty power is just one of those stupid things that starts floating around that has no merit.

When I changed to my AB 500.1 on ONE song ONLY did I notice a difference in sound and that was a song that had distortion already built in so I may have set the HPF on the AB higher than I did on the AP's, other than that absolutely NO difference.

In fact, to the ear the two Audiopipe amps seemed just a tad louder than the AB 500.1.

The one thing I will give them is they need current to make power. Not as efficient as the AB is.

But as others have said, there has to be a reason you're blowing your amps. You need to investigate that more.

And 2 1500's will not produce 5400rms even if you could get them to run 16v.

I was wondering when someone was gonna catch the 5400wrms part. I dont think people understand what it actually takes to run 5k rms daily.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

have a professional adjust the gains and stuff on the amp and don't do it yourself. They shouldn't burn out so fast

:WTFBubble:

They should never burn out..period

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

This dirty power people say about audiopipe is only because they didnt set it right. Mines compared similarily to an audioque 1200d which many people on here nut hug a lot on. Audioque does make good amps but its not like they are some gift from the car audio gods or something, they are still a basic design made with good parts.

Mines has lasted me over 3 years and i would compare it on the same level of hifonics brz or the older brutus.

All they are are good budget amplifiers much better than boss and lines like that. Any amp can produce dirty power when they are not set properly.

On a side note, you really first need to learn about setting amplifiers and if you can, purchase a DD-1 to set your gains.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Think of Audiopipe as that last resort fat chick at the party. Do you want to bang her? No, but if you're really drunk and desperate, you will. If you're sober you'd find a better poke.

Hey I know some sexy fat chicks, I think you are saying audiopipe is the neighborhood tramp who is always going to the doctor :peepwall:

but i hear the apk line puts in good work

3 alpine type r 12's more to come soon

Mine died after 2 months at 2 ohms, but i've heard lots of good and lots of bad, just like any other company out there, they are cheap so alot of ppl diss them before they ever hear or see or touch one, so take it all with a tiny grain of salt

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/

I LOVED mine. I've personally seen an AP1500d go through HELL before it finally gave up (speaker terminals arced, then the pwr/gnd terminals melted. All this was user error BTW). My AQX-1800.1 was the best amp I've ever owned. It stood up to extreme heat without any issues.

The MAIN problem with Audiopipe stuff is the protection circuts. They suck ass. If you hook something up wrong or something goes wrong it won't protect, it'll just fry instead.

The only time I've ever seen one protect was because of low impedance. It played down to 9.5 volts and it was hot enough to cook with but would NOT play at .5. They are solid budget amps. And to the people who say that they're power hungry, what 1500 watt amp do you know of that'll be happy with stock electrical? Cuz the people with AP stuff sure aren't buying H/o alts

used my scope on both the ap1500 and my aq1200. aq played notes much smoother and the transition from note to note was way cleaner. not to mention of course it didnt get anywhere near as hot as the ap, which has 400 fucking holes in the casing for gods sake.

Archived