Sundown Audio

Calculating Gain Voltage?

doughboi916

Has 1-ohm stable (output regulated to 900 watts)

it does the same power at 1 and 2ohms

so set it for 900w @ 1ohm using a -3db sine wave around 50hz... dmm should read 30v

which means u need a dmm that can read more than 20v... or change the dmm range to the next highest range (likely 200v)

u should have a highpass filter on ur interiors either on the headunit or amp... u need to either disconnect the speakers or turn the HPF all the way up so very little bass goes thru

just disconnect both speaker wires and put the dmm + and - leads in amps speaker + and -

thank you

my system

2 12" diamond d3 subs

Kenwood 500 watt class d mono amp

On 4/14/2010 at 5:40 PM, Boon said:

Waaaaaa my system has a minor issue that I can't figure out so I'm gonna quit audio.

Fucking weak man.

• 3 months later...

RMSchart.jpg

Ok i got a questions, I have a Sae1200d and it is at 1 ohm, so 1200 at 1 ohm. Now my question is since the amp is wired in parallel and there is two positives and two negatives on the amp its self. How would i go about using dmm to set my gains? Would i do 600watts at 2ohms? or would i do 600 at 1ohm? Or 1200 at 1ohm?

Kenwood kdc-x794

Boston Acoustics S60 components, S65 Coaxials

Jl J2-320.4

Sundown Audio Sae1200d

2 Sundown SA-12's D4

Car Quest NGT Extreme Upfront

Shuriken BT-60 inback

Big3

All Knu Konceptz wire

• 2 weeks later...

RMSchart.jpg

Ok i got a questions, I have a Sae1200d and it is at 1 ohm, so 1200 at 1 ohm. Now my question is since the amp is wired in parallel and there is two positives and two negatives on the amp its self. How would i go about using dmm to set my gains? Would i do 600watts at 2ohms? or would i do 600 at 1ohm? Or 1200 at 1ohm?

1200 watts @ 1 ohm. You have a 1 channel amp sending a signal out of 1 channel. The two positives and negatives are there to make things easier on us. Just make sure that your subs are correctly wired to 1 ohm.

So, voltage on DMM should read 34.64

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

• 6 months later...

Im gonna bring this back to life with a question so that i dont need to be "that noob" who starts a topic, lol. ...

I have 2x sundown 1500d's strapped powering one D1 18" nightshade...

The coils are run in series for a final 2 ohm load to the strapped amps... what numbers am i going to use to set the gain on the master amp?

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

3000 watts at 2 ohms 77.46 ac volts

Do i put the positive DMM probe in the master amp positive connection, and the negative DMM probe into the slave positive connection?

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Archived