XS Power

I can understand your frustration, but I hate when so called "potential" customers say things like, "Guess they lost me as a customer and the 8 batteries I MIGHT have bought." Look, either you want the batteries, or you don't. If a load test was what you needed to buy them, then I feel sorry for every purchase you need to make. Let me ask this, this company you're going to go with because you weren't catered to, do they have 500 amp load tests on similar batteries? No? Going to threaten with no sales if they don't do a load test? Sell one, and get what you need to test if the numbers matter that much. I don't mean any disrespect but god damn.

/rant

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

SO when will the company have time to do a load test on the XP3000?

Maybe they did and it failed...

Maybe I wont buy eight more like i had planned.

Looks like I will have to sell the two i have and go with a different company.

They lost me as a customer.

Seriously? We did a load test and it failed, yet the forums aren’t flooded with people saying their XP3000 didn’t do as said? AudioSavings sold over 200 XP3000s in approximately a month to forum members and I haven’t see any complaints on performance on the forums. If the XP3000 failed its load tests do you think we would be shipping them out? Accusing us of misleading our customers is a very big statement.

What other company took out time to do a load test? Juicebox is the only one I have seen and you see where that ended up for them. They aren't even around any more, because everything was based on false information.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

We tested a used factory second Deka, A new Duracell (re-branded deka) XSpower xp3000 and a xspower d3100. They are all group 31 batteries.

This test is with a cheap Harbor Freight 500 amp load tester that we added cooling fans to. Out side air was at about 90, The tester was allowed to cool down for about 10 min before the next test.

DATA, all 30 sec loads

Used Deka 2nd

Internet $40 bucks

Rest 12.75 volts

peak amps 450 after 30 sec 380 amps

dropped to 10.50 volts

after test 12.47 volts

Duracell Group 31

Sams club $160 without core

Rest 12.70 volts

Peak amps 476 after 30 sec 367 amps

dropped to 10.6 volts

after test 12.49 volts

XSpower Xp3000

Internet group buy $289, used for 4 months

Rest 12.95 volts

Peak amps 475 after 30 sec 380 amps

dropped to 10.66 volts

after test 12.85 volts

XSpower D3100

NEW in box, internet $370

Rest 12.97 volts

peak amps 481 after 30 sec 378 amps

dropped to 10.90 volts

after test 12.68 volts

The Deka and the Duracell are right on par with each other and are a good price.

The xp3000 seems to have a large reserve as the voltage came back strong. But the pad size is so small we had a really hard time to getting a good connection.

THe D3100 is the only battery that had the drop voltage go up during testing, as the amp load was dropping during the test the voltage was climbing into the 11's.

For more on this Go to http://www.floridaspl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23311

We are going to do a 300 amp load for 1 minute 30 seconds.

We are getting more batteries to test as well.

BTW don't waste money on the XP series Get the D series. The d3100 is a beast.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

flwatersaver, great information. Is it kosher for you to post this info in the electrical section of this site, in addition to the sponsor section of the site that this thread is currently in? Also, are you able to do a few more tests on the duracell and the D3100, specifically the time it takes for a fully charged XSPower D3100 and the Duracell to go from a fully charged state to 10.5 volts under the following continuous loads:

50 amp

100 amp

150 amp

200 amp

250 amp

Another thing to keep in mind while doing these tests is the life of the battery. The only batteries that you will test that will be able to sustain that performance over seasons of competition use will be Odyssey, Stinger, and XS Power. This is one reason that when people say this battery costs less and will perform close to the same really doesn't hold water, because it will have to be replaced at least twice as often to maintain that performance. If you replace it at least twice as much then you end up paying more in the long run.

Glad to see people doing some testing.

Edited by Nathan@XSPOWER

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad you did the testing isn't there differences in the the d3100 and xp3000 I couldve sworn the xp is made to hold its own over time for demoing and ground pounding not really for quick bursts. I could be wrong though. Still XS or Stinger for me.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif