what are the 'painful' frequencies?

As the title suggests... I've never really built a 'demo' box before and I'd like to give it a go.

All of my boxes have been pretty musical and play reasonably well from 50-60 down to mid 20s, even high teens on an older box. Last time I metered on my previous install, it was a 143.5@28hz (2 12s 3500 watts)

I feel like I am losing a ton of output being tuned so low. So I need some ideas for box tuning / what the painful frequencies are.

I tune to 34hz usually Alot has to do with how the car peaks/where it peaks

My wall is tuned to 40hz (on paper) but i can play 25hz-55hz all within a couple Db

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I tune to 34hz usually Alot has to do with how the car peaks/where it peaks

My wall is tuned to 40hz (on paper) but i can play 25hz-55hz all within a couple Db

This.

When I was doing trunk my peak was 55 and 40-45 hurt the most

Now I'm peaking @42 35-40ish are nasties

its really crazy how the different frequencies feel. Justins blazer is pretty crazy, you feel yourself moving so much and its pretty violent. but idk if i would classify it as painful per say. the lower frequencies arent as painful as they are violent is what im trying to say. when i sat in brian butlers ranger, 149 db @ 48-50 hz it was more painful to me. it choked me out and made my whole head tingle. i think woofer placement has something to do with it as well. i think of my setup as more violent then painful but it gives me the same kinda tingly feeling in the 35-40 range. so id say ==> Violent<35 hz<Painful. i realize ill prolly get bombed on for something like that, but its a very general statement of what i have observed.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

40hz area hurts..

Again... Alot has to do with box desin what will hurt you in one setup will sound completly differnt in another

Ex

A 150 in car A Can be wayyy louder then a 155 in car B

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

40-50hz.

The ones that get you right in the throat.... I kinda miss those high notes... time for a new port! haha

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

my car peaks at 60hz but wit the box tuned at 37hz it felt hella nice, painful at higher noter,

then again there was a box which was tuned at 28 at it sounded waay much louder than the one at 37hz...hows that?

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X