DC Sound Lab

You need to pull it out of the box. You can tell by the way it is ripped that whatever punctured it did it from the inside.

www.facebook.com/BILLatDivineCreationsPhoto

He was taunting me. He's all like "come at me bro!" So I'm like "I'm coming at you bro!" And he's like "hey, fuck you" *chomp*. Then I killed it. I win.

^^^ you have truly taken being a lazy fuck to a new level tonight, an MRE. WOW

Nathan, email me the pictures to [email protected] and I will see if I can get Rustys help and figure this out for you.

alright will do as soon as I get home

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

This is how it is setup, nothing can touch it. I don't put anything back there as there isn't any room. So, it cant be a puncture spot.photobucket-2611-1342021928037.jpg

photobucket-1359-1342021913033.jpg

You can sort of see the crack it might have something to do with it.

photobucket-3575-1342021898712.jpg

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

In most cases I would say back presssure i.e. in my spl boxes at 2800 watts I fold cones like a champ hence the reason I glass the cones so I can take advantage of the 7k+ the box is capable of generating.

In this instance (I could be wrong) the box appears to be to big causing over excursion and stressing the cone until it gives out. The dustcap is a good indicator of this as well as the stress marks(creases) on the cone.

If your feeling adventerous you could glass matt the cone and glue surround back to it and of course gorilla tape the surround. My best advice would be to recone the sub then adjust the ssf up some to limit power to the sub as its fairly clear to me that its at its mechanical limits in that box.