1X MECA/DBDRA/IASCA 8/4/12

Lol your going after my lowest score in sq ever in cali of a 44?

A.I ray has you beat, he did like a 36 using mayhem 18s for substage..lmao

To show how bad that is a stock car off the lot should score a 50

damn, i suck then

so a 20 would probably be a pair of 3.5" coaxials on the dash with a 2 knob am/fm cassette.

so you have looked in my build log? lol

Best reference (other than live music) is to listen to two home audio speakers in stereo of equal distance to both of your ears (so your centered) and try to get the closes reproduction of that. It is a lot easier said than done but, hopefully gives you an idea what to work with.

i purchased the Chesky disc, so I am tuning my system using that for reference.

And as far as the sound processing and shitt, Im going to be in stock so Im not allowed any fancy gadgets

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

At state finals going for BOBOS. I dont think he even put anything in for sq, I think he just had to run that class and that score was probabley just a "whatever" score....

and a local guy scored like a 78 using Memphis PRs as substage. Ported and tuned at like 40hz at that. Goes to show you how critical tuning is.. I guess good tuning will always trump the equipment used.

What did Kimo get at finals using the stetsom/boston/dc build?

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

It's less about brands and more about setup. My truck isn't great but I'm more then willing to let anyone get some listen time so they can reference a starting point. Just hot me up at the shows.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

At state finals going for BOBOS. I dont think he even put anything in for sq, I think he just had to run that class and that score was probabley just a "whatever" score....

and a local guy scored like a 78 using Memphis PRs as substage. Ported and tuned at like 40hz at that. Goes to show you how critical tuning is.. I guess good tuning will always trump the equipment used.

What did Kimo get at finals using the stetsom/boston/dc build?

66.75 in my s10

79.75 in my camaro

64.75 in my Silverado

Unfortunately, none of them are still together and they all sound like "ASS" now.

What was different about your camaro? Is that the same car that at one point had like a single dc 12?

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

What was different about your camaro? Is that the same car that at one point had like a single dc 12?

It was an honest freak of nature according to everyone that listen to it. So many things wrong with it but, what was good about it NAILED it. For example there was a lot rattles on certain notes from the mid bass but, the depth was damn near on the hood just because of speaker placement. Then it was unbelievably naturally centered which unless you've heard a process center you won't quite understand. The height wasn't great but, for having speakers so low in the vehicle the height was amazing.

its obviously dependent on the individual judging, but do you think its more important to nail a few aspects, or just be solid and consistent across the board?

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

Everything that is wrong in a system can detract from what is right. You might miss some key details in the mid-range because you have change rattling in the cup holder ;)

In all honesty I've been listening to the same few cd's over and over to tune for 3 years now. As time goes on, I start to hear little details never heard before in my setup. Once you start to pick up on the details in a song, it then becomes real work to make those details shine, without standing out. The key is to get a reference cd and listen to it in as many environments as you can. As you start to really understand the media, you can see what you need to focus in your own setup.

I'm listening to cd's that I don't really care for overall, but the depth of layers in the music is what you will begin to want to hear more of. After awhile it will transfer over to your everyday music. You will find some music that you thought you knew very well have some underlining rhythm in it that you have never heard before. You will also find that some music that you did like, sound like ass recording wise :D

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I know what you mean, because I have played the chesky disc in my ass sounding spl car, on my home sony 6.1 and in my sq car that is only about 1/3 complete...and it sounds different in all of them. Sadly it sounds the "best" on my sony home system. Guess i have plenty of work to do...biggest issue in my cars so far seems to be resolution clarity. The Chesky track "spanish harlem" has 2 shakers that are supposed to sound distinctly different, and while they clearly sound different in my sq car, i dont feel it to be a sharp and crisp difference...this sq shitt is tough, it very well may drive me back to spl. Its so much easier to throw on a 35hz tone and crank the volume

but i must add that it is a fun and new challenge

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

Archived