I can't believe this. A few days ago, someone told me to consider my Jeep sold after they test drove it and low balled me. After I got them up on the price some I said great and today we meet (our work schedules conflicted) and we meet at a mechanics house, which I have no problem with because my engine is as sound as ever, and the mechanic comes out and starts talking **** about Jeeps and says he wouldn't even give me $50 for it and he didn't even look under the hood. I told him, "Sir, in the kindest way possible, I think Brett wants you to look to see if the engine is mechanically sound, not to hear your opinion on Jeeps." and he said "I did look at it!" and I said "Not under the hood" and he said "Well I know what's under there!" and I said "No you don't know, all you know is it's the 4.0L, you don't know that it has no mechanical issues or not, which is why we are here."

Long story short, the son of a ***** ended up NOT buying my Jeep and wasting an hour of my busy damn day.

I wouldn't let that mechanic touch any of my machines.

P.S. - His name is Ray I believe. So if you're in/near Central Washington. Stay away from him.

Edited by wmrcs

E34 540iT/6

Jeeps are terrible, I'd say the 4.0L engine is prob the worst that's why they sell so many. Lulz

He was prob just one of those brand diehards. I mean your Jeep may be POS, but to say all Jeeps suck

makes him look like a fool. Selling cars is the pits, but to have to deal with asses makes it worse. Hope it gets better for you.

Edit cause I suck at spelling and I forgot something.

Edited by poorfish88

Jeeps are terrible, I'd say the 4.0L engine is prob the worst that's why they sell so many. Lulz

He was prob just one of those brand diehards. I mean your Jeep may be POS, but to say all Jeeps suck

makes him look like a fool. Selling cars is the pits, but to have to deal with asses makes it worse. Hope it gets better for you.

The 4.0L engine isn't only in a Jeep though. I don't want to turn this into a "Why you think Jeeps suck" thread but why would you say that? What is bad about the company Jeep.

E34 540iT/6

i know 3 people who all have jeeps with 275000+ miles on the original motor and they still drive, yea they may leak some oil, or burn some oil. but they are still driving down the road..

edit: by the way, i hate jeeps, I cannot stand the way the steering handles.

Edited by dkindle613

WARNING: I speak 4 languages, profanity, English, sarcasm & real shit

2003 ford explorer

2 RF T1 D4 15s in a 6.8 cubic ft box

1 T1500.1bdcp

250amp ALT by Mike Singer

2 runs of 0 gauge

3 yellow tops

i know 3 people who all have jeeps with 275000+ miles on the original motor and they still drive, yea they may leak some oil, or burn some oil. but they are still driving down the road..

Yes! Jeeps last forever if they are maintained well. The 4.0L I6 is technically not even "broken in" until 150k

E34 540iT/6

i think jeep is like any other auto company , they have done some great things and some not so great things . my opinion is that it comes down to a matter of taste . i don't mind chevrolet but my best friend wouldn't be caught dead with 1 . different strokes for different folks .

if you like it, my advice is to keep your jeep , take care of it . fix it improve it and so on .this way you will know exactly what you have got .

i have been there trying to sell a vehicle for a fair price being %100 honest and fourth coming only to have some dick-weed shit out the mouth about my vehicle and ultimately not buy it after low ballin the piss out of me .just don't hardly seem worth dealing with all that bull .

hey man i bought my first car and she was a junker, what ever gets you from point a to point b

but jeeps, bad gasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

You don't know what you're talking about. Jeeps get great mileage as long as everything in them works and you have the right gears. 20mpg in town with a 4inch lift.

Edited by wmrcs

E34 540iT/6

i think jeep is like any other auto company , they have done some great things and some not so great things . my opinion is that it comes down to a matter of taste . i don't mind chevrolet but my best friend wouldn't be caught dead with 1 . different strokes for different folks .

if you like it, my advice is to keep your jeep , take care of it . fix it improve it and so on .this way you will know exactly what you have got .

i have been there trying to sell a vehicle for a fair price being %100 honest and fourth coming only to have some dick-weed shit out the mouth about my vehicle and ultimately not buy it after low ballin the piss out of me .just don't hardly seem worth dealing with all that bull .

I agree. The kid liked my Jeep, and the fact that his dads dumbass mechanic friend had a toy Jeep shoved up his ass when he was younger made the kid decide he didn't want it.

E34 540iT/6

The 4.0L engine isn't only in a Jeep though. I don't want to turn this into a "Why you think Jeeps suck" thread but why would you say that? What is bad about the company Jeep.

Bad sarcasm on my part, about the guy not even looking under the hood. I meant, there just as good as any other factory motor. How there maintained has way more to do with how long they last.

My sister inlaw has owned a Wrangler since 95 with the stock motor and tranny that's still running strong.