Adding a Second Yellow top How to wire?

Alright so I plan on picking up another yellow top today I currently have one under the hood and plan on putting this one behind my seat. First off im running 3000rms with big 3 done and 0 gauge throughout. My voltage is pretty bad it drops below 13v while im driving and I cant even think about playing anything that drops real low due to voltage drop. Do you think adding another yellow top should fix this problem? I had a 240amp alt under the hood but its rebuilt and nothing special I plan on upgrading down the road but for now just wanna be able to play my low songs. I notice my Cone on the woofer heats up not to hot but deeffinatly gets warm and im pretty sure this is due to low voltage(had same problem before i bought a yellow top and yellow top cured the problem) What is the proper way to wire this setup. Thanks in advance

134db

Adding a second battery will help, yes. And you wire it pos-pos and neg-neg. And fuse BOTH sides of the positive wire as close to the battery's as possible. So like this:

Batt---fuse----------------fuse---batt

i've never heard anything about fusing twice? than again i dont have a second battery.

but yes just positive->postive and negative->negative. 0awg is the smallest you should use for connecting batteries

If you don't know don't give advice and yes you are supposed to fuse both ends

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

You always fuse it twice, better safe then sorry

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

You always fuse it twice, better safe then sorry

It's not that you should be "better safe than sorry" it's that if you have two batterys and you only fuse one side, what's keeping the other battery from overloading the wire in case of a short? Its not overkill, it's the bare minimum.

Archived