Second Skin Audio

3 sundown 8's what size box?

Yeah you'll be able to fit them. I'm doing 3 SA8 V2s in 1.8 cubes tuned to 32hz. 1.8 cubes is completely doable in your mustang, my sister has a 2001 and she has plenty trunk space. Heres my box for my 8s in case you want to see it.

3sa3v2.png

how do u fit that in the trunk? It's really long. It would be great to have at least some trunk space with a skinny box. It seems like it would be easier to put the box through the backseats instead of the trunk opening.

how do u fit that in the trunk? It's really long. It would be great to have at least some trunk space with a skinny box. It seems like it would be easier to put the box through the backseats instead of the trunk opening.

Tschib13 you are being offered an alternative 35" wide just above in case you missed it, here is the link to it:

http://www.stevemead...ost__p__2089412

Yeah you'll be able to fit them. I'm doing 3 SA8 V2s in 1.8 cubes tuned to 32hz. 1.8 cubes is completely doable in your mustang, my sister has a 2001 and she has plenty trunk space. Heres my box for my 8s in case you want to see it.

3sa3v2.png

I was just saying that I had 3 SA8s. My box is for a Jeep Cherokee, much more space. It was just to show you that you don't need many cubes for the subs...obviously you can't fit 42", but you can do smaller as long as you keep close to the same amount of airspace.

1999 Jeep Cherokee SportLifted on 31'sPopcorn Sounds AX6000.1 w/ AA 500.1 "THE F1X" board4 Obsidian Audio OA15's

C pillar wall @ 29hz

^^^work in progress^^^

And in the space avaible you'll only be able to fit 1x12"

Not 2 and not a 15

You'll need 3-3.5net minimum for either and your under 2 at the moment

So you box will nees to be bigger a lot bigger

Between 1.5-2x bigger

Edited by john253a

well space is an issue i suggest going with an Aeroport.

they sound amazing and i prefer the sound over a slot port.

aero's are also much easier to tune and can be changed easier than slots.

6" aeroport atleast

You can't fit a 6" aero in that box

9.25+(3x8.5)=34.75 +0.25" clearance for 1 sub and side wall =35"

and that with every sub touching each other

And you'll get to much flex like that

And with 10.5 high you can't fit 2x 4" ontop of each other to enable clearance between aero and subs

You can't fit a 6" aero in that box

9.25+(3x8.5)=34.75 +0.25" clearance for 1 sub and side wall =35"

and that with every sub touching each other

And you'll get to much flex like that

And with 10.5 high you can't fit 2x 4" ontop of each other to enable clearance between aero and subs

the doesnt have to be on the same side as the subs...

the doesnt have to be on the same side as the subs...

For some that knows alot you design one

1st a 6" side ported box 35"w in max width of 35" is a sealed box with a hole in the side

So now the box need to be 29"w to allow fo port

So now that, sorted, you'll need more deepth then 19" because you shortened the width by 6"

2nd port length will be somewhere in the 28" length mark so you'll need to bend port so now yourv taken up 12" in the back, putting the port somewhere with 3-5" of sub with the opening facing the rear, and you'll have unloading issues with the port facing 1 or 2 subs

3rd to stop unloading you'll need to put 2x bends to make it 180deg, and then you lose the efficiency of an aero, witch is what allows you to use a smaller ratio