a quick google search. darker paint is harder to take care of, shows the emperfections more.

second video is more helpfull

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

depending on the buffer DA are a lot more forgiving and easier to use for most people. Using a rotary buffer even with a less aggressive compound you can still burn through.

RlYlm.png

Big Wheels Are Like G-Strings...Anyone can put them on but it don't mean they look good.....

Okay.. Your first mistake was choosing black..

Black cars show everything man..

The only way to remove scratches/swirls from black is to

wet sand with trizact 3000grit paper

get a wheel and rub it 1000-1600rpm with a good rubbing compound. wizards is good and 3m are also good compounds.

Take your sweet time!!! Hold the wheel flat and dont press down to hard otherwise you will burn your clear coat and you will need to re paint it. Work small sections at a time. use a qaurter size drop of compound work that into your pannel then repeat untill no dull spots. make sure to work in an area with shade and or out of the sunlight So you can easily find your dull spots.

Then polish the car with a foam pad at 1200-1600rpm

Finnaly use an even finer swirl remover polish at 800rpm dont work it in just slide over your panels leave the polish on wet. wait for it to haze up then wipe off with microfiber cloth... ta dahh!!!

:detail:

thanks for the tips man but yeah the trucks brand new So I don't have bad scratches or anything. and I already regret getting black :P

if you are having to ask this question then you should not touch that truck with a buffer. take it to someone who deals with this problem. Otherwise you are likely to make it worse.

yeah I'm going to take it to somone when i want it buffed. It's good for now I just hate seeing the swirls

ive used the 3m compound and that stuff works amazingly.

Yeaa 3m is teh shit!! i use it every day!!!

Im workin at the body shop!!

I let em lick the lolli pop

Listen to these people, don't get any rubbing compound that isn't 3m, actually, practically anytime that you have an option to buy a 3m product instead of a different brand, you're generally better off going with the 3m. Don't think i've ever seen a 3m product that didn't keep up to my expectations.

if you are having to ask this question then you should not touch that truck with a buffer. take it to someone who deals with this problem. Otherwise you are likely to make it worse.

yeah I'm going to take it to somone when i want it buffed. It's good for now I just hate seeing the swirls

Make sure you go to a well reputed detailer, a lot of the cheaply ran ones will end up with more damage than you started with....

Edited by PropertyCO

1997 Ford Ranger

2 - Rockford Fosgate P3 600w 12s

1 - Soundstream Rubicon 1.1000d

Pioneer Mids/highs

Blacked out tail lights (removable, done with 20% static cling tint)

If you wetsand it wit 3000 grit the paint will look like glass. If you are going to take the time to do it may as well get the orange peel out while your at it. the end results are amazing. Butt.. in time it will eventually get swirl marks..

Ive used compound on swirls on black cars and it never seems to completely get rid of them.Also if you dont know what you are doing you will leave behind wheel marks that look worse than swirls.50% overlap is key! wet sanding is the only way to make them vanish on solid black. Im not saying get to aggresive just hit it lightly.

If you really want a show finish then wetsand the whole thing in 1500 then 3000 then rub it ;)

just dont burn it man. and if you do then stop as soon as u notice it. because if u keep wheeling a burn mark u will just take it to sealer/primer and itl look like booty.

Il wheel it out for you for 350 bux Sir..

Walled 2002 buick century A.K.A "Betty sue"

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/

since the truck is brand new and it should only be swirl marks, i would say take it to a dealership and have them take car of it. i would imagine it to only take 200-350 or if you can find a good detail shop or even some body shops they might do it for cheaper then a dealership. no need to wet sand it as wetsanding it will only get down to the clear coat or worse if your not carefull. wetsanding is more of something for deeper scratches/swirl marks. just get it buffed out any detail shop, body shop, or dealership can do it. if your lucky the dealer you got it from might be nice enough to do it for free even cant hurt to ask them.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I just had to rub a nissan r35 GT-R it was a 2010 solid black car i rubbed it with compound and polishes and it still did not remove the swirls all the way. I guess every car is different. but I still had to wetsand in 3000.

Black shows everything even a microfiber will scratch it. it is impossible to keep perfect yett i must admit it is a nice color.

Walled 2002 buick century A.K.A "Betty sue"

polk 5 1/2 front doors

4 3in pillar speakers

DD 3518's

AQ 3500 v2

90ft of 0/1 ga

tuned to 40hz

:build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/162721-buick-built-in-trunk-fi-sp4-hifonics-2400/