Sonic Electronix

Hey everyone. I've been browsing the internets for a 2 farad capacitor to power my sub. I've been reading reviews and most people generally have positive things to say about all capacitors. I'm wondering what your opinions are on buying a capacitor. For a little more help in my specific situation this is my following setup:

6-gauge power wire with 60A fuse

Sony XM-ZZR3301 1100W Max ZR Series Class D Monoblock Amplifier

Alpine SWR-1243D 12'' Dual 4 ohm Type-R Series Car Subwoofer

I was looking at Absolute and Boss capacitors in the 30-45$ price range. Any suggestions?

Cheers!

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country

Sony CDX-GT240 Head Unit

2x Alpine SPS-510 5-1/4'' Coaxial 2-Way Speaker Set

2x Pioneer TS-G1344R 5-1/4'' Coaxial 2-Way Speaker Set

Fully Insulated with Peel-N-Seal

personally, I'd add a second batttery before I'd add a cap ... just me ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Well, I'm not quite sure how to do that, I have to research some about it but my future plans are to add an amp to power my speakers. Hopefully the cap will help with the power drain but I might need a second battery anyways.

Cheers

Sony CDX-GT240 Head Unit

Don't bother with a capacitor unless you've got stout electrical. IIRC caps aren't meant to be used as an intermediary for power consumption. Wait for a guy named Snafu to chime in here. He knows his shit.

Edited by Cardboardcat15

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

80 % of caps sold are crap most of them are just smaller caps inside just get u an little battery like a hc600 they like 70 buck brand new on ebay

1996 Chevy Tahoe

AKA My SQ Hoe

Pioneer AVH-X2800BS

Precision Power PC.18DS

MB Quart NA540.6

Skar Audio RP-2000.1D

55-3210 -  8 Inch MCM AUDIO SELECT

Rockville RXM64

Tymphany BC25SC06-04

Kenwood KFC-1795PS

Well, I'm not quite sure how to do that, I have to research some about it but my future plans are to add an amp to power my speakers. Hopefully the cap will help with the power drain but I might need a second battery anyways.

Cheers

connecting a batt would be the same as connecting a cap connections wise which 1 would be better i still haven't formed my own conclusion . i have used a street wires cap with my mrp-m500 amp and noticed an improvement in sound quality and my alternator gauge quit dipping so much . after spending some time reading on smd i am looking at batteries , i am thinking i will run a batt and a cap . if you do buy a cap don't buy boss or some other no-name shit , the old saying of you get what you pay for holds true . i would buy a streetwires cap again , or anything wireing from rf , stinger don't look bad ether

Thanks for the help guys! As I was looking over the caps I kinda got the feeling that most of them were built shitty and weren't necessarily a good idea. I glanced at the big 3 upgrade but never got around to it. I do eventually want to add an amp for my speakers because they get drowned out pretty easily over my sub. Aside from the battery getonerd posted does anyone else have suggestions or recommendations on batteries or do you agree with the one he posted?

Thanks!

Sony CDX-GT240 Head Unit

really any battery will improve your electrical reserve , if you could fit a 2nd batt under the hood and wanted to go cheap and add another stock batt that would be an improvement . i was reading a thread last week guy was saying what a noticable difference there was from adding a very small batt . if you are looking for a batt to put in the trunk or cab you should look for sealed spill proof batt . but really any battery you add should help . in my opinion