"A" Pillar project need help.

I will be looking around Sir ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

http://parts.sonshonda.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=275070&ukey_make=988&ukey_model=13652&modelYear=1987&ukey_category=21722&ukey_driveLine=6280&ukey_trimLevel=12296&searchString=pillar

look at garnish front pillar on the scroll down list i think thats wat you need. i chose a 3 door base as i assumed that was hatch. ur welcome lol

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

wrap the shit out of your car in plastic. then wrap the pillar area in foil. then fiberglass to get the actual form you need to get it to fit. Then use foam like ray showed in the upholstery thread i had posted in off topic. its easy to work with and cuts away with anything. get it to fit the fiberglassed panel and then shape it to your likings, then fiberglass the whole thing and cut out the speaker opening and remove what foam you need to.

Or just go to the junkyard and get new pillars. If your doing this in the accord in your sig i'm guessing they can be found easily in then junkyard. I never go through the import section but I know theres a shit ton of them.

I haven't found one in a junkyard in my area, but i have tried lol. I never considered foam before. I will look into that.

Not sure about trim pieces, but car-parts.com is a database used by body shops and salvage yards for parts, maybe they have what you need?

1997 Ford Ranger

2 - Rockford Fosgate P3 600w 12s

1 - Soundstream Rubicon 1.1000d

Pioneer Mids/highs

Blacked out tail lights (removable, done with 20% static cling tint)

http://parts.sonshon...chString=pillar

look at garnish front pillar on the scroll down list i think thats wat you need. i chose a 3 door base as i assumed that was hatch. ur welcome lol

How?!?! I call witchcraft! lol. dude you rock! $35 for new pillars and it looks like thay have about every part i need there. Thanks! And thanks to Cableguy too, guess you are off the hook man. Thank you just the same though.

we;come man i think those are the parts needed ive never heard them called garnishes tho but for 35 dollars you cant beat that. if their wrong send them back but im pretty sure thats it.

whats wrong with fat chicks? they are like mopeds, as long as your friends dont see you riding it, they are a blast! hahah

I am dumb as a stump. I live in the south and we are all dumb here.

I was thinking it was a 30's car.. Lol

86 honda.. Really...

Couldnt be any more places to get parts.

If it really was a really old car, i would start with an abs sheet and use a heat gun to form it, then onto foam blocks..

You're just being either lazy, or cheap

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

If i make my own i am being cheap, which is what i wanted to do anyway. If I buy new I am being lazy. You can't have both. Please refrain from slinging mud in my thread thank you.

You said you didnt have pillars and couldnt find them.

Its an 86 honda.

Lazy.

Build your own. All for that.

Actually im so for that i have made a diy thread on how to do it.

Cheap cause you didnt want to buy new, and let me tell you... Building your own will cost you about 3 times more than just buying a set and modding them after.

Lazy cause you couldnt type 86 honda a pillar panel into google

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

I googled it many times and had no luck finding new ones. I only entertained used ones after i couldn't find new ones on the internet(i won't buy used over the internet from just anyone). Ii was going to make new ones, that's what this thread was about.

I purchased those new ones right after i got that link and am going to glass them up to put in 5 1/4's using the thread you made for instuctions. I only need my old broken drivers side one to practice on and then i am good to go.

As it stands right now im in $92 for the new pillars not counting the cost of supplies, speakers and my time into doing this project. I am not lazy, i have put a lot of time into my car and it may not be the most beautiful build here, it is all done by me. I may be cheap, but not at the cost of quality. There is nothing wrong with trying to save a buck.

And this car is a total pita to get parts for, everything has been discontinued by Honda, most vendors either don't have specialty parts like this one, or they are expensive and/or used.

I don't know why you were compelled to come in here, I only asked for advice on how to do this project. These forums are a great source of info and I enjoy being part of it. I forgot all about your thread on how to make a pillar posts from scratch, but Robert brought it up and reminded me.

So now I am going to search for that thread cause i remember it was pretty dang good.

Anyway. Thanks to everyone that helped. It's appreciated. Wish me luck!

Didnt mean it in a negative way. Lol

What model 86 honda?