Sundown Audio

? about Amp'n Components

str86diesel

Ok guys...so just quick thought as I'm online shoppin...  :D

I'm actually throwing 2 sets of components in my truck (front and rear).  Does it really matter whether I get a 4 channel amp and run each channel at 4 ohms, or if I get a 2 channel and run the both fronts and both rears wired at 2 ohms?

EXAMPLE:

100x4 at 4 ohms (1 channel per set)

or

200x2 at 2 ohms (1 channel per 2 sets)

Each set will still be delivered 100 watts correct?

Thanks

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

if you already have what you plan on running it wouldn't matter each speaker will be getting the same amount of power.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

I would go with a 4Ch for the fact of fade control. Also a 4Ch will run cooler in 4ohm then a 2CH in 2ohm. now you may not push it to it's limits but it may last longer keeping the temps down.

But hey, I run 3- 2CH amps so what do I know

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived