Suddenly popping inline 40a fuses.

Really bad burning smell and lots of smoke coming from the sub and its ohm load is a .5 not 4 like it should be on one side and 2.5 on the other. I hooked my 10'' sub back up and have had no problems since tho...

2004 Malibu Classic http://www.stevemead...aq-25-jeep0312/

Kenwood 352U HU

(2) Incriminator Audio Death Row 12''

Soundstream Tarantula 1300W

MTX 6.5'' mids &

Infinity 4x6's in front doors

Building as money comes in... beauty panels and amp rack

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Traded for a 2004 Malibu

2wd-4wd conversion

4in. lift

32'' Tires

2 Alpine 6.5 in front

2 Sony 6.5 craploads in rear

Build: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

1999 Suzuki Sv650(Work in Progress)

Really bad burning smell and lots of smoke coming from the sub and its ohm load is a .5 not 4 like it should be on one side and 2.5 on the other. I hooked my 10'' sub back up and have had no problems since tho...

Can you clarify this? Are you saying that you somehow have your coils each wired differently? =@

i think he's saying 1 reads .5 and the other 2.5 not 4 and 4....but thats just my speculation.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Sounds like a you fried a coil or two. Might have been clipping the sub really bad by choking the amp, cause it to send a clip signal.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I have a Rockford 600.1 amp that has 2 30a fuses on the side.

For the last 3 weeks I have been playing my system pretty hard and everything has been fine. It was tuned with a DD-1.

Now all of the sudden today I have blown my 40a inline fuse running off my battery. I replaced it with another 40a fuse and 5 minutes later it popped again. Why? What should I do?

The only thing that changed was that my battery died and I jumped started it at a Jeep show I was at today. But it blew about 2 hours after that.

Seems like at least one coil was gradually toasted due to the harder than normal playing over the last 3 weeks. This probably caused a drop in resistance that the amp sees, which in turn has caused it to draw more power.......

If your new sub is playing fine, I would put a 60 amp fuse in place of the 40a, or 80a, whichever is there now

Yeah the coils are reading different ohm s is what i meant. It was definitely due to an under powering issue. Lesson learned Now im just not sure what to do for subs. Cant afford a new 15'' right now. Family priorities first. But I do have the original 10'' Sony Esplode back in there for a little bit of lows... And its working fine so I did change the fuse.

Off topic what are these? 1927b133.jpg

a7692126.jpg

I know they are 10'' subs but I dont know the brand. I have extra MDF laying around and 2 of these subs so I was wondering if it was worth building a box for and to what specs.

Kenwood 352U HU

MTX 6.5'' mids &

2wd-4wd conversion

4in. lift

32'' Tires

2 Alpine 6.5 in front

2 Sony 6.5 craploads in rear

Build: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

1999 Suzuki Sv650(Work in Progress)

try google?

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Nothing.. So I started a thread in the sub section.

Kenwood 352U HU

MTX 6.5'' mids &

2wd-4wd conversion

4in. lift

32'' Tires

2 Alpine 6.5 in front