Weird problem with graphics card!

I've been working on this computer for about 5 hours now trying to get the graphics card to work. It's my friends computer, and he said he bought the motherboard, and it came with a "nvidia geforce 7025 / nvidia nforce 630a" card. It USE to work in the past, but ever since he upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate, (It says the software isn't genuine), the card won't work!.. I've tried EVERYTHING.. From auto detecting the needed drivers, uninstalling them and reinstalling them.. But NOTHING works. The onboard works, but when I change the cord over to the card port, .. My dell monitor goes from the "self test" screen to a blank black screen, with the power button being orange, not green.)..

Device Manager sees the card, and says it's working properly.. but it's not!

I don't know what to do anymore!.. Any suggestions?

The computer might be trying to output to the onboard video by default. Boot into BIOS and change the video output option from "onboard" or "integrated" to "PCI"/"PCIe"/"addon" or whatever option it gives you.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

The computer might be trying to output to the onboard video by default. Boot into BIOS and change the video output option from "onboard" or "integrated" to "PCI"/"PCIe"/"addon" or whatever option it gives you.

Try that.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I checked in the BIO's, and there's nothing there about the graphics card/onboard .. No settings for it. It's weird.. It should have some time of "VGA" setting or something, but it's not there.. I can't even find WHAT BIO's I'm in; like the version

EDIT: Here's the mobo: http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/ga-m68mt-s2rev_31/

Edited by TLEJ

That sounds like the problem i had with my dell xps l702x laptop i bought late last year. Nvidia saw that my driver needed updates but when i tried to install them it noticed the OS was an OEM OS build. When i reimaged my computer to a custom version of windows 7 (windows 7 game rebel edition) i had no problems updating the graphics card. Now when you say the software isnt genuine do you mean that windows is not genuine? If so theres a easy way you can get around that and since im pretty sure its not something i should share openly on the forum just PM me about it.

If getting windows activated properly (shouldnt affect installing the driver either way) doesnt work then what id do is verify the model of your graphics card by going back into device manager, right click on the display adapter then click on properties. Go to the details tab and then in the drop down menu select "hardware ids" and provide me with the ones listed in that box or just do a quick google search of them. That is the sure fire way to figure out that model graphics card you have installed.

Also for what ive experienced is that connecting the monitor output to the onboard output will automatically shut down the external (pci) graphics card you have installed. Disconnect everything from the onboard graphics card (hdmi, dvi, vga, etc) and connect it to just the external video card you have on the pci slot. Let me know if by doing this you can see the bios screen and windows booting up because if you do then thats a step in the right direction.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

It's my friends computer, and he said he bought the motherboard, and it came with a "nvidia geforce 7025 / nvidia nforce 630a" card.

Well there's you're problem right there.

Its not a card, its the onboard video.

If you're trying to enable hardware 3d acceleration, you need the drivers from nVidia.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/14874

You're welcome.