SMZ2's Xterror. 1st Hairtrick!

This is what I did with the MDF...

20131212_185440.jpg20131212_185408.jpg

This is only a dry fit. I will make the battery bank permanent with some titebond. I will also be using the factory locations for mounting hardware to secure the mdf floor. The floor is uneven in some places so I will have to find a way to solve that after securing the mdf floor. The open section near the door is an easy gap to fix since there is a plastic piece that goes there. This floor will be the base of the wall. I am using a skil saw with a rip guide and these smaller pieces were tough to cut with this combo so there is a slight evenness in the battery bank but it is not very noticeable. Also the mdf is only so wide that is why there are small gaps on either far side. I cut out sections for the wheel well with my jigsaw. Once the sides of the wall are in the wheel wells will be glassed into the box. The plan is to run all the wire when I have a full free day to strip the interior. I have not decided how to set up the amps yet but I am thinking of some way to have the 4 channel above or near the batteries without being anymore intrusive to the wall, the bass amps will probably be on the back of the wall. I still have about 25" of depth to work with even though I added the battery bank to the front. This just seemed logical, shorter runs and I have a sharp angle on my back seats. Thank you for taking your time to read all of my thoughts haha.

No love for the mdf? I have more pictures....

If you quit posting after us old folks go to sleep LOL Great to see you getting some work on the back in! Looking good man, I like the lay out since you are porting high everything should work great!!

This is what I did with the MDF...

This is only a dry fit. I will make the battery bank permanent with some titebond. I will also be using the factory locations for mounting hardware to secure the mdf floor. The floor is uneven in some places so I will have to find a way to solve that after securing the mdf floor. The open section near the door is an easy gap to fix since there is a plastic piece that goes there. This floor will be the base of the wall. I am using a skil saw with a rip guide and these smaller pieces were tough to cut with this combo so there is a slight evenness in the battery bank but it is not very noticeable. Also the mdf is only so wide that is why there are small gaps on either far side. I cut out sections for the wheel well with my jigsaw. Once the sides of the wall are in the wheel wells will be glassed into the box. The plan is to run all the wire when I have a full free day to strip the interior. I have not decided how to set up the amps yet but I am thinking of some way to have the 4 channel above or near the batteries without being anymore intrusive to the wall, the bass amps will probably be on the back of the wall. I still have about 25" of depth to work with even though I added the battery bank to the front. This just seemed logical, shorter runs and I have a sharp angle on my back seats. Thank you for taking your time to read all of my thoughts haha.

No love for the mdf? I have more pictures....

If you quit posting after us old folks go to sleep LOL Great to see you getting some work on the back in! Looking good man, I like the lay out since you are porting high everything should work great!!
Lol my bad man. I appreciate it. I am going to make everything permanent in the up coming days. Then I have a few more thing to get to prepare for the wall and the shell can start going up.

2013-12-12192454.png

Jeez psi make up your mind lol. I'm not sure if I have that much space. I'm not even sure if this is a ratio...

The sealed side will not be this big. Hopefully poly fill can work some magic.

You should just do a flat wall that is a lot of space. Do you have 24.5 cubes gross? If not go with a flat wall man.

I think the most I could get out of it was 24 cubes with a lot of space constraints. Well there goes my 4th order dream. How was your flat wall with 2 18's did you get some good results? I hope my batteries won't be in the way now they aren't permanent yet thank goodness.

You should just do a flat wall that is a lot of space. Do you have 24.5 cubes gross? If not go with a flat wall man.

I think the most I could get out of it was 24 cubes with a lot of space constraints. Well there goes my 4th order dream. How was your flat wall with 2 18's did you get some good results? I hope my batteries won't be in the way now they aren't permanent yet thank goodness.

2 18's will be fine in a flat wall c-pillar I got 151.5 out of mine and had issues which I told you in PM. Plus then all you need is 16.5-17 cubes and you can make a monster port!

2 18's will be fine in a flat wall c-pillar I got 151.5 out of mine and had issues which I told you in PM. Plus then all you need is 16.5-17 cubes and you can make a monster port!
Dang that's great to hear man! I may have to ditch building over the wheel wells though. I feel like they will get in the way of the port... and I'm not moving the port lol

Ask BHE or ram or king SUV. Psi doesn't sound like they are paying attention to what your saying in your email.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Ask BHE or ram or king SUV. Psi doesn't sound like they are paying attention to what your saying in your email.

I'm considering just going with a flat wall. I don't think I'm going to have enough room to properly do a 4th.I only have around 20 cubes or so to work with and thats before displacements. I may have to wait till I do a b pillar wall one day.

Screenshot_2013-12-13-11-13-15.png

Just ordered this little cheapo backup camera off of ebay I hope it works well. After I get it here and install it. I can plastidip the windows and begin putting up the wall. The only reason I cheaped out on a back up camera is because everyone seems to get theirs cheap off ebay and amazon and they seem to be happy with them. This one should attract little attention as well.

Archived