Second Skin Audio

4th large cabin tuning question

Ok, basically I ended up building a C Pillar wall in an Astro to keep the seats but expand my love for bass to new levels.

List of Build

4 sundown SA 15s

4th order BP with 8 sealed and roughly 15.5 ported currently tuned at 44hz

the Port is 222 in^2 and about 8 in long

The question is how much lower can I tune this without fucking up the mechanics of the 4th order itself?

Is polyfill in the ported section a possibility?

If I lower the tuning it would be by using less port area not a longer port. I am unable to lengthen it. How little port area is too little?

How much will bracing the interior of the vehicle affect the "high flex" songs that currently turn everything into jello? (yet to foam the roof and walls, add wood to walls as well)

I would like it to play a little bit flatter with more output in the low 30s. Currently it's got serious sack in about 46-38hz. Should have done 3:1 I know, but this was my first wall build and very few original plans were possible to carry out.

Anybody with a little bit of input please post and help me put the rest of this puzzle together. Like I said, first wall, but things are a bit too deep to change drastically. Also, please do not post any "you should have done.........." stuff because that doesn't help me at all.

If I provided too little info please post and I'll fill you in.

Archived