Second Skin Audio

how to wire 6 10s

ZachG

If you can go to 36"W you can do port/subs, I would measure again.

Now that we can make the width bigger can we decrease the depth a little cause my spare is underneath where the box will be going so I will take it out and would like to put it all the way back in the trunk so its accessible.

Or can the back near the trunk(not where the subs and aeros are going) can that be slanted for the tire. So I'm thinking the extra width were gaining will make up for it

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Ok so I just took my existing sub box out for better measurements. In the front I have 35 3/4. So the box can be made to 36"w & I could just sand a little bit after cause that 35 3/4" spot is only 5iinches long.

So let's do 36" with subs and ports faceig front and I will seal it off from the trunk also

Done, modified the original design post above. It's awfully tight but it fits, decreased 1 inch, let me know if you need more.

Ok so I just took my existing sub box out for better measurements. In the front I have 35 3/4. So the box can be made to 36"w & I could just sand a little bit after cause that 35 3/4" spot is only 5iinches long.

So let's do 36" with subs and ports faceig front and I will seal it off from the trunk also

Done, modified the original design post above. It's awfully tight but it fits, decreased 1 inch, let me know if you need more.

The design looks perfect like always, but theres 2 things I'm worried about.

1. I have tested with my single 12 ported the difference between just having the sub box in the cabin closed off from the trunk and its about 2-3x quieter than it is in the trunk and sounds flatter.

2. I'm curious to how I'm going to screw down the top bottom and sides apart from the glue since I will have to build it in my trunk.

The box design is awesome I'm just not sure if its going to fit properly & if its the best to do

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Well that's easy, you modify a bit the cutlist so that you can screw from the side making the side walls go full height and is not the same to have the box inside the cabin than the box sealed off from the trunk, sealing off (air tight) effectively reduces the size of the cabin, that in turn increases cabin gain.

I'm glad you realized that the box would have to be built in the trunk. Even at that, you're gonna have to wine and dine that MDF and you'll likely lose some blood in the process. I'm tuned the EFF in for the build, as I'm curious to see how everything turns out. Get building on that box soon, I wanna see some BUILD pics :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I'm glad you realized that the box would have to be built in the trunk. Even at that, you're gonna have to wine and dine that MDF and you'll likely lose some blood in the process. I'm tuned the EFF in for the build, as I'm curious to see how everything turns out. Get building on that box soon, I wanna see some BUILD pics :)

Haha unfortunately this build won't be starting for around 2 weeks or sooner if I sell my amp I have now.

I'm not really too excited about sealing off my trunk either but we'll see

• http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg567/foxzachracing/IMAG1299.jpg

• also im thinking just considering it but i was playing with torres and i could build a box for 2 obsidian audio 12s and have money left over for deadner. i think this might be smarter cause ive never build a box myself before so maybe i should start i little smaller haha.
  • above is what i came up with for them just by playing around a little. it would be subs and aero ports back.
  • let me know what you think i want a perfect design and idea before i start ordering. i am serious on building just depends what.

this might have been addressed earlier, but why would you sell a zx1500, and buy a hifonics 1200. If you are doing 2 obsidians, that 1500 would be perfect, and you wouldnt need to buy a different amp.

these orphans aren't going to feast on themselves

this might have been addressed earlier, but why would you sell a zx1500, and buy a hifonics 1200. If you are doing 2 obsidians, that 1500 would be perfect, and you wouldnt need to buy a different amp.

Well the zx is a more expensive amp, and its not 2 ohm stable. Plus its more wattage that I don't want cause this is a daily system and I don't really want to buy a h/o alt. Also the hifonics is only 140$ and its 1 ohm stable.

I'm trying to run as few watts as I can

Archived