NAA MAN, i just designed the box you really need to get them deeebeeez.

sillybox.jpg

sillybox1.jpg

sillybox2.jpg

sillybox3.jpg

:peepwall:

(i vote you should give this to chaggens instead of your current one)

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

What the... :blink:

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

too bad it's probably the worst designed box ever lol it'd be kind of cool to do not such a standard box one of these days but i don't know enough and im not sure how not having it a perfect polygon would effect it.

anyways sorry to distract from your build. :P

hey does this mean im not gonna hear the fi in the old box but in this new one when i finally come back?

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

too bad it's probably the worst designed box ever lol it'd be kind of cool to do not such a standard box one of these days but i don't know enough and im not sure how not having it a perfect polygon would effect it.

anyways sorry to distract from your build. :P

hey does this mean im not gonna hear the fi in the old box but in this new one when i finally come back?

I think we decided that I'll sell it to him closer to Christmas, so you have some time! I'm sure I can get him to wait a few days anyways. He's getting it for stupid cheap...

Anyways, I finally got my phone to pick up some flex!

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

good lookin box. What do you have your amp gain and boost at? doesn't look like the sub is movin that much..

I set my gain with my DD-1 on the -5 db 40 hz track, and I don't use bass boost. It just ends up causing distortion. It may not be moving that much, but it still moves quite a bit of air. Get's decently loud too.

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

I'm doing a project for school right now related to car audio, so I took my sub out to get good pictures of it. Figured I could throw em up here as well to try to show how beefy this thing is!

P1160207.jpg

P1160206.jpg

P1160208.jpg

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

This isn't really an update, but I think I've finally figured out what I'm gonna stick with for my mids and highs. I'll only be running an active front stage, and I'm gonna use the Hertz HV165L 6.5 inch drivers and HT25 tweeters. Those are the components from the Hertz HSK 165L set, so hopefully the dealer I found will let me just order the speakers and tweeters, as I won't be needing the crossover. And then to power it all, I'm gonna be using an Audioque (Soundqubed) AQ 120.4. Puts out 120 watts per channel at 4 ohms, which will be nearly perfect for my setup. I'll probably run some more KnuKoncetpz 0 gauge to the back into a distribution block and then run some 4 gauge to the amp.

Before I get all that stuff though, I think I'll be getting a Mechman 270. I'm pushing my stock alt right now, and I'm sure things would go bad if I tried adding another 400 watts to it all.

So my current plan of action is to build my new box, and then with the leftover mdf I have, I'm going to build an amp/battery storage bin under my back seat. From there I'll start saving up for the Mechman alt along with probably two smaller XS Power batteries (unsure what model yet). After that I'll be saving up for the mids and highs and the amp! I'm hoping to have this stuff finished around the end of January or early February.

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

• 2 weeks later...

Well I kind of got off track from what I had planned for my mids and highs setup. I had to take advantage of one of these Black Friday deals, so I have a Crescendo C1100.4 on its way to my house! 180 watts rms at 4 ohms should be sufficient for whatever components I choose to run. I'm also starting to rethink getting the Hertz components. I'm sure that they would sound fantastic, but I'm really having a hard time justifying the 600 dollar price tag. Crescendo is coming out with some new component sets that look pretty great (the Mezzo series), so I may just try those out. If they have anywhere near the same quality as my BC2000D, then they should sound great! Plus, I could by a couple sets of them and build myself some nice door panels for less than one set of the Hertz!

So that's where I'm at right now! I probably won't put everything in my truck until I have everything I really need, including an alternator and extra batteries, so updates from here will probably be few and far between.

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

Archived