Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I got my all my new RCA's tonight! I ended up going with Rockford Fosgate RFIT-16 cables. They look pretty nice!

P1160759_zps7eb9527d.jpg

P1160760_zps5fed871d.jpg

And here's the wiring I have stocked up so far for my 4 channel installation

P1160761_zps093c8e1f.jpg

I should be getting 4 more fuse blocks, some fuses, and 20 more feet of Knu 1/0 gauge sometime this week. Once I get my next paycheck I'll be ordering all my speaker wire, and possibly another battery. Right now I'm thinking of getting an XS Power D2400 (one of their new batteries). I haven't done any real measuring in my truck yet, but it looks like it should fit behind my passenger seat. It'll block most of the C1100.4 from sight, but oh well. If the D2400 ends up not fitting, I'm gonna go with a D5100.

Also, Crescendo is now saying that the Mezzo's aren't supposed to be released until the 14th...

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

The rest of my 1/0 came in today!

20 feet of blue Knukonceptz OFC for another power run from the front to the back

P1160768_zps49bc87ce.jpg

I don't know why, but I like having a box full of wiring...

P1160769_zps68a29b61.jpg

I also played around a little bit more with fitting a battery in the back. I pulled the D2700 from under my hood, just to see what it be like, and it looks like I can actually fit one behind the passenger seat! I'm gonna be putting a piece of MDF under the carpet where the battery is gonna be, so that's what that MDF is there for in the picture. The one problem is that there isn't much clearance above the battery terminals to stick a bunch of ring terminals. I sent a message to ToolMaker to see if I could get some custom battery terminals made.

The clearance issue is due to the battery terminals being underneath the box

2013-01-05_12-26-22_337_zps04c540a7.jpg

And this is what I was thinking of for a battery terminal

BatteryTerminalScreenshot_zps719c24c7.png

And here's how it would look on the battery (My Sketchup skills are incredible by the way, hahaha)

D2700withbatteryterminals_zps7e6aae65.png

So hopefully ToolMaker will get back to me on that. If not, I may get some similar Project DB ones and see if I can find someone to modify them a bit for me.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

Once again, I've decided on a different setup for my next box. I'm pretty sure this is gonna be the final one I go with. 28 hz tuning (Several people were recommending to tune to 28 for the Q). The net volume is essentially the same as the box I have now, so the only things really changing are the port is firing out the driver side of the box, and the tuning has been lowered. I have the wood in my garage ready to be cut, but I'll probably wait until there's a sunny day (stupid Washington...).

Torres

Box2v4TorresScreenshot_zps5393ae15.png

Box2v4CompleteScreenshot_zps459bda13.png

Box2v4Notop_zpsa85915bf.png

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

My fuse blocks finally showed up!

P1160787_zps473d8083.jpg

P1160788_zpsb2acf509.jpg

One of them even came with a fuse!

P1160789_zpseb824b21.jpg

I also started building my new box today. Used the new table saw and the cuts came out great!

Wood all cut out

P1160784_zps80267131.jpg

Little mockup - It's tuned to 28 hz, so the port is pretty long...

P1160785_zpse0a80b71.jpg

And that's where I am so far. This isn't gonna be an overnight box build at all. I'm currently in school, so between that and my job I don't really have a ton of spare time. I'm also gonna wait to put this thing in my truck until it's been all painted and looks nice.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

looks good! I have a question though. why dont you just remove the backseat?? maybe u said and I missed it. that table saw kicks ass. When i build I use that same one.

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Posted

looks good! I have a question though. why dont you just remove the backseat?? maybe u said and I missed it. that table saw kicks ass. When i build I use that same one.

The back seat is gonna be taken out in the fall when I upgrade :peepwall:

And I agree about the table saw! It's makes things so easy!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

looks good! I have a question though. why dont you just remove the backseat?? maybe u said and I missed it. that table saw kicks ass. When i build I use that same one.

The back seat is gonna be taken out in the fall when I upgrade :peepwall:

And I agree about the table saw! It's makes things so easy!

what are the plans for the upgrade :D haha granted i dont have the cash to do it but I really would like to take my seat out and do 2 sa-15s.. but i cant decide if id miss the seat. you think you will miss yours?

My Truck Build
sigpic2503_3.gif
Spending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.
At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio

Posted

looks good! I have a question though. why dont you just remove the backseat?? maybe u said and I missed it. that table saw kicks ass. When i build I use that same one.

The back seat is gonna be taken out in the fall when I upgrade :peepwall:

And I agree about the table saw! It's makes things so easy!

what are the plans for the upgrade :D haha granted i dont have the cash to do it but I really would like to take my seat out and do 2 sa-15s.. but i cant decide if id miss the seat. you think you will miss yours?

Right now I'm thinking of getting another Q12 and then a BC5500D. I'd probably get another dual 2 ohm (they're actual dual 1.4) and then just run them at 1.4 ohms. Then when I get bored of that I can get dual 1 ohm recones and run it at .7! I would go with 15s, but I'm not quite ready to go above the window line yet, and with I space I have I wouldn't have enough room for the 15s. As for missing my back seat, I think I've had someone sit back there one time in the last 3 or 4 months. So I don't think I'll really miss it that much...

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Posted

Wall it :peepwall:

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

^^ Cant wait to swalllow Ghost's babies

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4611 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...