REVOofRustler Posted February 5, 2013 Author Report Posted February 5, 2013 I keep clicking on this build to see if the mezzos arrived yet. Amp rack plans look good ETA on the Mezzos got bumped back to the 26th due to a crappy freight company and the Chinese Spring Festival. I'm hoping to get the amp rack done by the time the Mezzos come though! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
iCool247 Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 You have to re-drill mounting holes in the fender but that takes no time. '01 2DR GMC JimmyPioneer DEH-6300UBMB Quart 6.5'sSoundown Audio SA 8 V2'sMTX RT-202 GONEAudiopipe AP-1800.1D GONE Bass-less
85buickrivi Posted February 5, 2013 Report Posted February 5, 2013 Box is looking great so far, and can't wait to see you glass those Mezzos on the doors when they finally get around to you. Thanks man! I'll probably wait to glass my doors until it warms up a bit. I can barely get myself to work on my box, even when it's almost done... Anyways, the mail man dropped off my Project DB terminals today! These things look sick! So now I'm just waiting on the Mezzos! I may stick the second battery in and paint my amp rack while I wait for the speakers to come, but I'm definitely gonna wait to do that until my carpet is all dried out and ready to be stuck back in. where can u get these at??
REVOofRustler Posted February 5, 2013 Author Report Posted February 5, 2013 Box is looking great so far, and can't wait to see you glass those Mezzos on the doors when they finally get around to you.Thanks man! I'll probably wait to glass my doors until it warms up a bit. I can barely get myself to work on my box, even when it's almost done...Anyways, the mail man dropped off my Project DB terminals today! So now I'm just waiting on the Mezzos! I may stick the second battery in and paint my amp rack while I wait for the speakers to come, but I'm definitely gonna wait to do that until my carpet is all dried out and ready to be stuck back in. where can u get these at?? I believe it's www.teamprojectdb.com 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted February 7, 2013 Author Report Posted February 7, 2013 So I got home from school and took everything out (sub, amps, seats...), and this amp rack is gonna be a good challenge to design. I'm trying to find a way to fit my battery inside of it too. It would be pretty easy if I wasn't trying to stay below the window line with my box, but my new box is a bit on the tall side which makes that a bit of an issue. I may just toss the idea of being below the window line out the window (see what I did there?). I am planning on rebuilding eventually, so it wouldn't be a huge issue for now. Onto the pictures!! Almost everything out Goodbye seats... The battery is pretty big... And here's the space I have to work with I got all the measurements I needed, so then I went and modeled the back part of my cab in Sketchup So I'm just brainstorming ideas right now, and I may end up stacking the amps on one side (on seperate sliding shelves) and then put the battery on the other side. We'll see how it all turns out... 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted February 7, 2013 Author Report Posted February 7, 2013 Well here's as far as I got today. I still need to add the battery in, but I'm gonna play around with a few things before I do that. And then I decided to see what would happen if I imported my new box into sketchup. Keep in mind that the top of the light blue is where my windowline is... I'd be fine with one or two inches over, but this is close to 5. I've got some space between the two amps, so I'm gonna try to move them closer together and shave off a bit of the top. I'm not too worried about cooling right now seeing as my previous amp rack didn't really have tons of air flow and the BC2000D stayed pretty cool and I'll also be running the C1100.4 at 4 ohms with the gains set conservatively (especially on the high channels), so that should have no problems keeping cool. Anyways, I've got a physics test at 7:30 tomorrow morning, so I'm done for the night. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
REVOofRustler Posted February 7, 2013 Author Report Posted February 7, 2013 Well I squished the amps together about as much as I feel comfortable. They have 3/8ths of an inch of clearance on top for both of them. The box is still two or three inches above the window line, but it's not quite as bad as it was before. The window line I measured was also for the side windows and the back window is a little bit higher than that, so it's not too big of a deal. The purple/magenta thing in this sketchup is the D2700 If any of you guys have any suggestion or ingenious ideas, let me know! 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
OrangeJuiced Posted February 8, 2013 Report Posted February 8, 2013 Ingenious idea #1: Wall it. 2001 GMC Sierra Build. Body dropped and Juiced
REVOofRustler Posted February 8, 2013 Author Report Posted February 8, 2013 Ingenious idea #1: Wall it. I've been tempted, but there's no way my parents would let me go through with that. My dad seemed like he was already having a hard time with the idea of me taking out my back seat for the amp rack. It is "my truck", but my parents paid for it and everything It needed when we got it. I just had to put the work in to swap the engine, so I do feel I need to respect their opinions. I'd like to buy myself something like a 2000-20006 Suburban. That way I can have room for several passengers along with a pretty good size system. That won't be for a while, though. 2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant - Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota 136.4 Sealed @ 29hz 137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.