alright thanks man. gives me something to do when im bored now lol. i had a thread going somewhere about that. i just want ppl to throw dims in there and id make emm and throw a pic up just for fun. i cant actually design the tho and figure out the specs. thats over my head still... lol

You should check the Torres calculator! That's what I used to design my box. You just plug in the dimensions you have to work with and then can play around with port size and length to see what kind of tuning it gives you!

alright thanks. ill try that sometime. i usually dont do it cuz i dont know what certain drivers like or if the design would work. but ill just play around with it and see what i can do sometime. thanks man. :)

I'm kind of in the same boat as you there. I'm not really sure how to design an enclosure specific to a certain driver, but I guess it's just somethin else to learn about!

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

Well, I got some time to make a design for a new box! Buuuuuut I think I forgot to save the Torres file when I found the design I was happy with, so I don't have a screenshot of Torres with all the dimensions and specs. I know that it was tuned at 31.4 hertz, 2.24 cubic feet with 15.1 square inches of port per cube. I was able to make a model of the box in Sketchup before I lost the info. I'll probably change the design a bit, because I really like having the 45'd corner on the outside of the box like the box I have now, but I wouldn't be able to that with this one. I also think the sub placement looks kinda funky in this box. I've got a two hour break between classes tomorrow that I'll probably spend in Torres and Sketchup.

Here's what the box looks like

MySecondBoxV1FrontRight.png

What the port is like

MySecondBoxV1BackNoWall.png

The next design will probably have the port going up and down instead of forward and back. That way can do the 45 thing on the corner.

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

Well I think I actually figured out a box design today!

I checked Fi's website, and their recommended tuning for a Q12 is between 28 and 33 hertz. 31 should be a nice medium!

Box2v2Torres.png

I'm gonna try bracing this box as well. Does anyone think it's a bad idea to brace the baffle "against" the port like this?

Box2v2Nolid.png

Box2v2FrontRight.png

I wasn't really sure how I was gonna run the bolt terminals into this box. The box I have now has the bolts coming out the back of the box, so the terminals are hidden from view and can't get messed with by stuff in the back seat. I think I figured out what I'm gonna do for this box, though. I'll have the terminals coming out the side of the box, just in front of the port.

Box2v2Boltterminalholes.png

And then to make sure the terminals don't get tampered with by things/people in my back seat, I'm gonna hollow out a piece of mdf and use that to cover the terminals. I'll put some threaded inserts in the box so that I can use some machine screws to hold it on. Then I can just unscrew that and change my wiring around if I ever want to.

Box2v2Boltterminalcover.png

Well, let me know what you guys think!

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

That cover pannel for the wires seem pretty legit, might have to steal that idea. But mdf is easy to crack and break so maybe use a differnt wood or glass it? If ur real careful you can pull it off but ov taken chunks out of mdf just by coutersinking a screw without predrilling

I'll see what I can do with MDF. I've got plenty of it leftover from my last box to play around with ideas. If I do have problems, I might try my hand at fiberglassing!

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

looks sweet! and you're gonna hollow out the mdf? is that gonna give you enough clearance for the bolt ends?

also pretty sure your completely fine bracing the port wall to the baffle.....i mean the baffle is the thickest/sturdiest part in your box. and all it'd do is make things more rigid

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Glassing really isnt that hard. I just learned to lay down my resin then my matt so i can get it without bubbles. May be able to use a router and carve out the inside. Lmk what you come up with cause thats a slick idea and id love to try it on my build.

Im planning on using my router to hollow it out. I'll see how it goes!

looks sweet! and you're gonna hollow out the mdf? is that gonna give you enough clearance for the bolt ends?

also pretty sure your completely fine bracing the port wall to the baffle.....i mean the baffle is the thickest/sturdiest part in your box. and all it'd do is make things more rigid

Im hoping I'll have enough clearance for the terminals. If not, i'll probably just glue two pieces of mdf and then hollow that out.

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

Alright cool let me know how it works out.

Will do! I'm gonna be on vacation this month for a bit, so the box probably won't be done for a bit. I'm just shooting to get it done before December.

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

Archived