Second Skin Audio

How do you guys seal off your wall without damaging headliner?

Spray expanding foam into plastic sheeting or even plastic bags around the box, that way it won't leave any residue in the car. Watch it carefully to make sure it stays how you want it. Then trim it out and make it look nice with some wood. Use thick foam tape around the wood to make sure the wood doesn't leave any marks either. If there are significant spaces that need to be filled in, you may want to take some wood, like 2x4s, and build up around the front of the box before you apply the foam.

Will that be required to fill the area or will it be fine if i just put one sheet of mdf in the front to seal it and one in the back to seal the back for my amp display?

Audio Build

Ride: 2002 Chevy Blazer 4 door

Head Unit: Pioneer deh-80prs

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Subs Amp: AQ 3500.1 at wired at .5 (soon to be 2)

Mids/Highs Amp: Skar 85.4

Mids/Highs: Skar components

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

Exedy Racing Clutch, Built Motor by Racing Innovations

Greddy Over-fender aero kit (1 of 20 ever made), 19" Racing Hart r5 pro wheels
466rwhp

Bike

2008 Midnight Blue Kawasaki ZX-14

Stretched 8" and lowered, Brocks Sidewinder exhaust, Power Commander 5

The foam would be the actual seal, the wood would just make it look more pleasing to the eye. If you do it right, you will get a great seal, it will look nice, and you won't damage the car at all.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Lol I would just go to the junkyard get a headliner in ok shape and do what I want to it cut it fiberglass whateva or buy a new one and play with the one in there

You have a wall a new headliner should have a fraction of the cost of your equipment

Its like 150 to have your headliner re uplostred

That's what I would do

Edited by Team Bassick (ALPINE)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

That's true and it's not about the money necessarily. It's just that this is my DD and I just want it to look nice still. But i definitely know what you mean. and I am a noob at fiberglassing so I don't trust myself with that lol.

Audio Build

Subs: 4 DC Level 3 15's in a 4th order wall designed by Trent Choate and Jeff Smith

Electrical: Mechman 270 amp alt, 2 runs of Knu 0 gauge, XS Power d3400, 2 Deka Group 9a31

Build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167658-indianabasshead-blazer-dc-audio-4th-order-wall-build/

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

Greddy Twin Turbo, 3" Test pipes with Borla high-flow cats, Crawford Performance Plenum, Greddy E-manage Ultimate ECU

466rwhp

Bike

OK, ive decided that I'm going to use expanding foam tonight to seal it off completely. should i use saran wrap or plastic bags to hold the expanding foam? The only thing I'm worried about is how much great stuff it's going to take to seal all of the gaps. Do you guys think that would be my best option to make a quick seal? Tonight is the only night I will have free and it seems like that's the quickest option.

Audio Build

Perfomance Build

2003 Nissan 350z

466rwhp

Bike