so i went to leave a little bit ago put my truck in reverse started to back out and heard a pop and my truck stopped.. first thought was i had hit something so i got out looked around didnt see anything. pulled back into my parking space. my truck didnt want to move but did after stepping on the gas a little more. got out again looked under the truck to see if i could see anything and its completely clear. put the truck in reverse to try and leave again and it wont move. it acts as if the parking brake is on. the break edal is also super soft i can press it to the floor with little resistants. also noticed if i do press it all the way the break light in the cluster turns on.. any help is appreciated

How many miles are on this truck? Is it a half ton(1500 silverado)? Sounds like a U-joint went out on you, but if it were, you'd see the driveshaft hanging. Might be transmission related. Brakes shouldn't affect the engine wanting to move the truck. Even with brakes fully applied, it would want to lunge and move.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

You know when you go from the Park position to Drive position. Does it act like it engages and sort of 'drops' into gear where you can feel the load of the truck on it. With your foot off of the brake the truck doesn't move at all? Also, does the motor idle just fine at HIGH(800-900 RPMS) and then drop down to 500-600 RPMs when the truck is dropped into gear.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.