Second Skin Audio

Isobaric for a couple of Crossfire 10s

any progress on this yet ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

any progress on this yet ???

You read my mind, I was just looking for the thread because I bought my wood today and made some cuts and rough assembly. I also bought the PVC for the aeros. They are 3" ports and right now are cut at 24". I'm going to go as LONG as possible on the ports while leaving clearance for the driver. I don't want any weird noise because I chose to crowd the sub in the box. It's looking good spec wise though. I've got good air to it, not as much port as I would have liked, but for an aero, it's within spec. I'm really interested to get going on the box. The only reason I stopped was because the circular saw and the router was gonna be too loud and I didn't want to do that to the neighbors. I just have to cut the sides, router out the hole for the sub, and the holes for the ports and glue it. The only obstacle I have in my way is making sure to clear the ports with the sub motor. I will see how low I can tune it with that as the challenge.

Ports:

32d36758.jpg

Roughly the placement:

e096dbdb.jpg

The box with no sides or baffle yet:

d24efba7.jpg

The awaiting sub:

c933a961.jpg

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Is this going to be for a single cab truck ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

It wasn't originally planned that way, it was planned for the GFs Scion xB. I would rather guinea pig my truck with an ISO setup since it IS limited on space. Her car has plenty of room for a couple regular 12's but stil, an iso would be cool in hers too. We will see how this turns out and if I like it(or I realize a mistake I made can be improved upon), I'll tackle another one.

oh ... ok

You got me tuned in !!!

I DID predrill, it confused me how it split. I'm not terribly concerned about how it looks and I will seal it well so there are no leaks. It won't be a box that is flexing and moving all kinds of air either. It should sound clean as hell and be very musical.

*Edit-It only split on a couple of the holes at those weird angles. I may not have drilled deep enough.

There won't be any gaps by the time I get it glued and screwed. But you're right, between the gallon of body filler and gallon of fiberglass resin I have enough in the garage right now, this thing will be solid. I've never built a leaky box before, I'm sure as hell not about to start.

Got the box assembled and IN the truck :)

So I tuned it to low 33s. I would have LIKE to have gotten lower, but maybe it's a good thing since my midrange doesn't dig that low and I wouldn't want any gaps(which likely would be there)

I've been TRYING to hear for noise, but I hear none. I half expected to get some port noise, even though I was within spec. The results are impressive, to say the least. The box seems super efficient and transitions the frequencies real quickly and REAL accurately.

I know, I know, pics will be needed but I didn't have time to get any. I stayed up after work(I get off at 4:30a) to get it done by 2.

It was well worth it to try this design and the subs sound COMPLETELY different than when they were in a sealed box.

Archived