That's what I was thinking too but like i said, wasn't sure lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

tuned in

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

Haven't been able to get much done in the last couple days, rain yesterday and work today. Wednesday i was able to work on it a bit.

Upon further inspection, the fuel sending unit is half under the bed, half under the cab. Decided it'll be easier to drop the tank if i need to get the sending unit swapped lol.

IMAG1260.jpg

Noticed that the tailgate has some serious gaps between it and the bed sides. Decided i would see about putting some weather stripping in to close the voids.

IMAG1257.jpg

IMAG1258.jpg

IMAG1259.jpg

The white strip is for the cap glass which i wasn't able to get pictures of (forgot lol) Also ran out so i'll have to buy some more to finish the glass edge. Not too thrilled with the bed strip so i may redo it.

Took some preliminary measurements of the bed with the cap on, nothing set in stone right now other than 48" for the bottom width is the absolute widest i could go lol.

IMAG1261.jpg

Tried to get the accordion seal from the local RV place but the chick didn't even know what i was talking about so i'll have to order it. Found a place online that is $6 per foot so i will probably end up with about 20ft from them. Probably too much but i'd rather have too much than not enough in the end.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I only have 1 thing to say.

ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

x2 been waiting for you to build a badass system again, i remember when you had the 10s in their for awhile, it looked violent, cant wait to see this.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Thanks cody lol. Yeah the 10s moved the body good, just not as much output as I would have liked (before they broke lol).

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Small update:

Bought the hardware and bolt seals to mount the third brake light, just have to cut out the lights and wire it up. Also found some cool bushings that i'll be mounting the 12k on to reduce vibrations.

IMAG1265.jpg

Finally going to get my birch plywood, 25lb bucket of screws, glue, and maybe a couple 2x4s, ordering the accordion seal (16ft) and planning the battery rack, busy day before work lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Bought my supplies today, finally lol. Ordered the seal before i went to the lumber yard, so that should be on it's way either today or tomorrow. Picked up my birch ply, 4 of the 6 sheets showed here, the other 2 are in my other garage.

IMAG1266.jpg

Also a gallon of glue

IMAG1267.jpg

Went to put it where i usually keep all my glues and sealers and well, oops lol

IMAG1268.jpg

Screws, adhesive and foam

IMAG1270.jpg

A couple 2x4s

IMAG1269.jpg

IMAG1271.jpg

The people at the lumber yard thought i was nuts buying that many 2x4s and and screws for a "speaker box" haha I would start building but i have to work unfortunately, enjoy the pics! :)

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

yeeee cant wait

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

This is going to be crazy!

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Archived