Hey guys i am wondering about getting a alarm for my truck Just to make sure no one breaks into it and steals my system or anything and i am wondering what would work best for my truck. It is a 2001 gmc sierra. I have been looking at some of the viper alarms and they look good but i am wondering if i will be spending too much for what i need and such. here is what i have been looking at.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_16156_Viper-5901-p-n-5702V.html

I am wondering if that one will work for what i want or am i paying too much for it. and does it come with the sirens and everything i noticed some do not.

also will i need these at all?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13985_Directed-509U.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3684_Directed-506T.html

I see people that have them and will they work with this modle.

also will i need anything else with this product. please let me know. Thank you!

-Cole

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

Can't go wrong with a viper alarm man...but you didn't really say what you were looking to get out of it. If it has all the functions your looking for, then Id get it; but just know I believe Directed is not authorizing online dealers so its not under manufacturer's warranty (Ray just made a thread about this). the extra shock sensors I don't really see necessary mainly because a shock sensor should be able to sense any glass breaking, opening doors, etc....maybe if the thieves around your town are super crafty.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Can't go wrong with a viper alarm man...but you didn't really say what you were looking to get out of it. If it has all the functions your looking for, then Id get it; but just know I believe Directed is not authorizing online dealers so its not under manufacturer's warranty (Ray just made a thread about this). the extra shock sensors I don't really see necessary mainly because a shock sensor should be able to sense any glass breaking, opening doors, etc....maybe if the thieves around your town are super crafty.

What i am trying to get out of it is get the best protection i can of my truck and also get a paging system so i know if anyone is trying to mess with my truck when i am not near it. i want a sensitive alarm and loud one lol.

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

What i am trying to get out of it is get the best protection i can of my truck and also get a paging system so i know if anyone is trying to mess with my truck when i am not near it. i want a sensitive alarm and loud one lol.

I would definitely hit up Orion for that deal then....just like everything else though, always understand that if someone wants your shit bad enough, they're gonna get it. If you have a smart phone Id get the smartstart system too so you can monitor and control your car from anywhere.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Directed is not authorizing online dealers so its not under manufacturer's warranty

My brother had one go bad after less then a month. Emailed sonic and they took care of him quickly. No, not manufacture warranty but sonic does tend to be a safe place to buy from.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

• 4 weeks later...