First ever car accident.

I checked it out. That's real clean for $3K. I like it a lot. Make the dealership take any of their stickers off of it before you buy it, don't let them put a license plate holder with their name on it, etc. There is no reason you should advertise for them unless you own the place. If they try to tell you that you get the money from any advertising, have them put it in writing that any walk-ins over then next few years that didn't specify a specifc person that referred them that you get the commission. They'll act like it's a problem but tell them, bottom line, anything with their name on it needs to be off the car before you sign for it. JMO. GET THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!1

They called me today with a settlement, almost $2800. I think I'll be content with that... A little disappointed, but it's not the end of the world.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

that sucks man :/ I remember when I totaled my dad's truck, but I'm pretty sure that I was 100% at fault :P those trees will come out of nowhere!!!

on a side note, you said airbags didn't deploy... we were offroading in a jeep wrangler probably 7 or so years ago and we hit a tree dead on at 20 mph and airbags didn't deploy either... good thing was that there was nearly no damage to the car except for a small dent in the STEEL bumper. Too many cars are made with plastic now

Yeah, I don't think I could get a whole lot more money. Maybe 3k. I looked around at other vehicles around like mine, and they all seem to sell for 2800-3800 at dealerships, and they all seem to be in better condition than mine.

I found a Mercury Grand Marquis at my local dealership. 2003, 127k miles, V8, looks brand new. Gonna go with my step dad who's worked in Ford Dealerships Autoparts division for well over a decade and see what he thinks of it. I'm sure he will steer me right.

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/matthewscurrie/used-inventory?&_eventId_vehicledetails=true&vin=2MEFM74W83X662998&dealerPACode=03591&certifiedPreownedImg=false#historyreport

From the vehicle history, it was local (Wid-West Florida) since brand new, so it shouldn't have seen much if any road salt.

I thank you all very much for your advice and support! I appreciate it! SMD for the win! :)

If I were to do some cosmetic changes to it, I'd probably make it look like a Marauder. Those things look bad ass. I'm into rugged Trucks/SUVs and muscle cars, I don't like bling. Lol

mercury-marauder-01.jpg

But, function before beauty. First system, than performance, than cosmetics.

Archived