Second Skin Audio

Roof and Headliner going Ham, losing major output!!

Ok so as title state my roof is a trampoline, its retarded how much it moves. same with the headliner. Im not doing a stripper pole because im not ruing my car, and i dont see a need for it in a trunk car. Set up is subs forward and trunk sealed off.

My question is, will one layer of deadener help? or will adding 2-3 or 4 make a huge difference. Ive heard that 1 is all you need, and from others that the more you add the more it helps. Im in it for numbers, so if adding multiple layers get me an extra .5, then im doing it.

i would think the more, the better but my opinionis of no use becuz ive never had moolah for deadener yet

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

if your roof is somewhat flat... 1/8" hardboard is your friend.. cut to rough shape of rood.. put LOTS of PL glue on it and hold it up on roff for an hour or 2 ( use a jack for stedy pressure ) then deaden over that and youll be good..

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Be careful because I have read that adding deadner can lower your score also and you can do multiple layers until you get the outcome you want.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

if your roof is somewhat flat... 1/8" hardboard is your friend.. cut to rough shape of rood.. put LOTS of PL glue on it and hold it up on roff for an hour or 2 ( use a jack for stedy pressure ) then deaden over that and youll be good..

hmmm, you think my headliner will fit over it still like factory?

Also another dumb question, but once i remove my headliner, is it typically hard to get it back to a clean factory look

Be careful because I have read that adding deadner can lower your score also and you can do multiple layers until you get the outcome you want.

never head of this in my life, but i can guarantee you it could nothing but help in my situation. The lows, starting at 35 and below are just being eaten by the roof. f3 point it 30 hz too.

Buy more then you need and apply then test. If you doing it for SPL then yes applying sound dampening can lower the score. BUT in SPL the race for .5 anything you do can lower the score. all the "general rules of thumb" can lower or improve your score. Like you said thou if its that bad im sure it will help but that doesn't mean it will.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

deadening hardbord isnt necessarily a good idea because a CLD is inneffective really on wood. the whole gluing the hardboard to ur roof thing may work but considering how much more work it is over a proper CLD like damplifier pro i wouldnt look at doing that out of the gate

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer