Sundown Audio

Idea on a wiring diagram for 4+ subs to a single amp.

jakeryan

you have a lot to learn. im sometimes a dick and you have to realize that. LOTS of people know that. when i say you're a moron, you're acting like a moron. like right now, actually.

in post 41, i linked a picture of what a proper series/parallel diagram looks like. so yes i did give you some constructive criticism. along with a few of my other posts on here.

we've had many members on here that get a stick up their ass. and you're acting like one of them right now. and from personal experience, let me tell you right now that they dont last very long.

you might want to check yourself before you wreck yourself

I understand man!

I honestly get that I am a "noob" in audio. I just got pissed man. I really shouldnt of titled it as a wiring diagram. I just wanted some suggestions or how I should change it.

You probably know a shitload about car audio. I'm just tryin to learn about shit. It is my fault I was a bit stubborn about my design and I should of just taken it off. It probably was wrong so I shouldnt of kept saying it was right. It was just something I'm trying. I apologize that I pissed people off.

I'm just posting about something I tried. It probably wasn't right I just was messing around with wiring. My bad. But the moron shit pissed me off that's all. Not trying to disrespect you man you've been doing this alot longer than me. I'm sorry.

B.T.T.M

-Jake Ryan

i know enough to get around. but trust me there are some guys on here that know so much that it scares me sometimes lol

I get you man. Listen dude my bad for saying fuck you and shit, I was just pissed off and I wasn't trying to be disrespectful. I changed the title so it doesn't make me seem like I know that its right. Sorry man hopefully everything's good.

B.T.T.M

-Jake Ryan

its cool. i respect you actually owning up to doing what you did. not many people do that

Yea I understand how annoying stubborn 15 year olds who don't know what they're talking about can be so I wanna cut that attitude. My bad man.

Plus you've actually helped me on some of my older threads so it would be stupid to trash a good resource for future threads! haha

Thanks man.

B.T.T.M

-Jake Ryan

Well done OP,...............cudos ........

should we smash this thread now??.

Yea probably haha. No use using it now since it pretty much is in invalid thread.

B.T.T.M

-Jake Ryan

If you are trying to learn I can help you out a bit? What you have drawn is 11 subs wired all in parallel and randomly in phase from each other. Taking the sub closest to the terminals on the 8ohm box (which i assume is your amp terminals?) as your reference phase, subs 1, 4, 6, 7, and 9 are all in phase with each other and the others, subs 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, and 11 are all 180 degrees out of phase with reference and in phase with each other. This is bad lol. All of your coils/subs are in parallel with each other. If each coil has an 8 ohm dc resistance than you are seeing .72727272 ohms at your amp terminals.

Equation for resistors in parallel:

1/Req = 1/R1 + 1/R2 +1/R3 +1/R4 + ... +1/RN (N being your number of resistors right? Basic math terminology)

I can try to help explain more to you if ya want? I am really bored haha

Team NorthWestSPL

If you are trying to learn I can help you out a bit? What you have drawn is 11 subs wired all in parallel and randomly in phase from each other. Taking the sub closest to the terminals on the 8ohm box (which i assume is your amp terminals?) as your reference phase, subs 1, 4, 6, 7, and 9 are all in phase with each other and the others, subs 2, 3, 5, 8, 10, and 11 are all 180 degrees out of phase with reference and in phase with each other. This is bad lol. All of your coils/subs are in parallel with each other. If each coil has an 8 ohm dc resistance than you are seeing .72727272 ohms at your amp terminals.

Equation for resistors in parallel:

1/Req = 1/R1 + 1/R2 +1/R3 +1/R4 + ... +1/RN (N being your number of resistors right? Basic math terminology)

I can try to help explain more to you if ya want? I am really bored haha

I would definitely know what would be the best way to power a 21 inch subwoofer for home audio purposes? Thanks!

B.T.T.M

-Jake Ryan

I nixed my project with the 7 subs since I found out that they we're crappy subs anyways haha. My new project in a pyle 21 inch subwoofer for my room.

B.T.T.M

-Jake Ryan

Archived