Second Skin Audio

Box Design for lvl 4 10

Hey guys. just got a dc lvl 4 10 m1 D2 for my sister. going to be going into a mazda 626 es. the back seats do fold down. will be powered buy concept hpn 1500. prob get around 1k clean so it'll be underpowered especially because they are known to handle more. . . she listens to all types of music. nothing low really just average music listener. id like to do sub forward as well as port and seal it off from the trunk. max dim are 12-15 high. anything deep. and 35 wide. any help or suggestion on ideas would be awesome. havnt done a sealed from runk before. . . is it that much better?

Yes, if you're firing forward, sealing it off from the trunk will make it sound louder, since it will only be pressurizing the cabin, not the cabin and the trunk.

How loud does she want to get? Just a little bit of bump? Or does she want to turn it up and feel it shaking some stuff?

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

If she lissions to all types idd tune it to the flattest response I could, so it will be low, but will sound good, it will be more of a sq setup,

But if she want a loud and not low 35-37 will do that if not even up 42

Up to 42 will still get low just not real low

Edited by john253a

You're not gonna need to use up the entire width for a single 10". Just the height and the depth are the important ones, but since you're going to measure tomorrow, might as well get all 3 ;)

For a daily driver that will get loud and play low, I'd say shoot for a tuning point of ~33-36hz. I'm not a box designer, so I can't whip one up for you and guarantee that it's gonna sound good lol.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

If she lissions to all types idd tune it to the flattest response I could, so it will be low, but will sound good, it will be more of a sq setup,

But if she want a loud and not low 35-37 will do that if not even up 42

Up to 42 will still get low just not real low

I've tuned to 42 before, on my first box... It got plenty loud, but as you said, didn't get real low. I'm right around 35hz and I love it. Plays low and loud enough for me for music daily.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

ok. yeah low isnt the goal. its just versatility. shes doesnt have mids and highs. well not after market. they sound ok but this isnt a SQ just not a full basshead set up haha. im thinking tune to 34-36 and seal from trunk. any recom on box size? its an m1 so idk if that matters. and like i said its gettin 1k outta the underrated 1200.

34-36 should be good. It'll get loud enough, and will get decently low in the right box. I'd say around 1.2 - 1.5 cubes should be good. But wait for 412CVX to chime in, or PM him and see if he can sketch something up real quick.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

recommended 1cube for ported...if your underpowering it which you are you might want to make it a little bit bigger....

you can make a box similar to this

10h x 32w x 15d with port 8.5h x 2.5w x 31L will tune you to 35hz and 1.3cubes thats with an extra baffle

i would make it so the port would have 3 walls pieces similar to this design on a smaller scale

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=313193928702483&set=a.211000055588538.52999.210979035590640&type=3&theater

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg