Second Skin Audio

New box for the ZCON 18

MuRKRoW

After several months of full tilt playing in my old box, I noticed some of my wood glue seams started to crack and pull apart. The boards rattling together sounded awful which led me to building a new box. I'm going to try to post progress pics and videos as I go along, but there will be delays since it has been raining here a lot over the past few weeks and I've been very busy. Well here it goes..

Box specs:

dimensions are 51"W x 20"L x 21"D

10.33^3 ft. before displacement

dual flared ports (kerfed)

tuned to 32hz.

sub front, ports back

sub flush mounted

seams bonded, clamped, & nailed

all internal surfaces receive a layer of glue (instead of fiberglassing)

This will fit snug between the rear wheel wells and will be bolted to the floor in 4 locations. Here's the first stages of the box:

img20120722203329.jpgimg20120722203409.jpg

Stay tuned!

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

only thing I'm trying to figure out is sub front port back....seems like it would be a lot of summing and cancellation (depending on the freq)

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Some of my loudest boxes have been sub front, port back! I'm trying to figure out where I'll be putting the battery tray / amp rack. That's what will determine if the sub goes in the front or the back. It should be nice out tomorrow so I'll be at it again and we'll see how much I can get done.

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring

only thing I'm trying to figure out is sub front port back....seems like it would be a lot of summing and cancellation (depending on the freq)

depends on many things, location and such.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

depends on many things, location and such.

thinking about it now more yeah, i can see where it would work, but it seems like it would be kinda a rare exception. I could see this being used in SPL to line up the wave from the port and the wave from the cone at the dash, but thats about the only application i could see it being most advantageous i guess.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Archived