Sonic Electronix

Ok I just picked up a 2001 RF Power 500bd amp and bass knob but there was no cable included. WIll a standard phone cable work or do I need something special?

Clarion CX-501 HU

Rockford Fosgate Punch 400-A4 on

Rockford Fosgate T152 5.25 in center console and

Rockford Fosgate T1682 in front factory

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BDCP on subs

6 12inch RF HX2's in 13.4 cuft. tuned to 30 with port in 47 with it out

240 Amp American Armature Alt

100AH C&D in back Optima Yellow top up front

Ok I just picked up a 2001 RF Power 500bd amp and bass knob but there was no cable included. WIll a standard phone cable work or do I need something special?

Some people have had the standard phone cables work on their amps, others have not. I cannot remember what amps they worked on, but it is worth a shot if you want to use it. Pretty sure you can pick one up from RadioShack or something for pretty cheap.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

So I wount f-up anything if I try the phone cord huh?

Clarion CX-501 HU

Rockford Fosgate Punch 400-A4 on

Rockford Fosgate T152 5.25 in center console and

Rockford Fosgate T1682 in front factory

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BDCP on subs

6 12inch RF HX2's in 13.4 cuft. tuned to 30 with port in 47 with it out

240 Amp American Armature Alt

100AH C&D in back Optima Yellow top up front

Ill be the typical SMD member and see if you can get a picture of the connection on the amp/remote to see what kind of terminal it is. RF amps use RJ-45 (ethernet) cables for their remotes and just a simple straight through ethernet cable (like this: http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/APC-Cat5-Patch-Cable-20ft-1-x-RJ-45-1-x-RJ-45-Patch-Cable-Straight-through-Gray/2666324/product.html) would do the job for you. Do NOT go to the store and get a rollover cable as the wires are not wired in sequential order from one end to the next. If you have really good eyes just inspect the two ends of the ethernet cable where the wires are crimped down and ensure that the color code on the wire matches on both ends. They should go orange-white, orange, green-white, blue, blue-white, green, brown-white, brown from one side to the other to make the cable work.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Remote wires are usually standard ethernet. If you do get a cable makes sure its not for a telephone, its got to be ethernet.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Remote wires are usually standard ethernet. If you do get a cable makes sure its not for a telephone, its got to be ethernet.

i've never seen an rj-45 connector for an amplifier remote knob. the ones i've seen are almost always rj11.

edit: link to an amp that has it?

Edited by Kranny

i've never seen an rj-45 connector for an amplifier remote knob. the ones i've seen are almost always rj11.

edit: link to an amp that has it?

Ah frick, your right my bad...i was backwards.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

If i was home where i could show it to you i would upload pics of it for ya. I was originally using the remote knob for my 3sixty.2 with a 10 foot RJ-45 cable (was a cat-5e cable) and it had no issues. I can even take the stock RF cable and hook it up to a computer and my router and get online. Its the same thing for RF and their newer gear, not sure about the model amp that the OP has but their newer stuff that looks like the amps they have now (2005+ iirc) use RJ-45. Rockford Fosgate seems to be the only one i know that has RJ-45. DC audio does NOT have that big of a connector and is like you said, a RJ-11 that simply has more pins on it than the standard 2 or 4 wire phone cables.

edit: to see what i mean go to this guys FS post and count the wires that are in the comm port. It has 8 pins just like an ethernet cable and is the same exact size connector opening. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/144645-used-rockford-fosgate-3sixty2-with-palm-tungsten-e2-300-shipping/

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress