Second Skin Audio

Why use ports? Confused about what I've read....

vrollin

Ok I think what your saying is this;

Centre line shown in green,

Due to the angle, effective port volume highlighted in red, innaffective port volume highlighted in grey.

subport3.jpg

Not doubting you, just trying to learn something new here, but why is it that it has to be measured from the centre line?

If that design up above wont work, will this design here? (Would be so much easier if the boxes had a flat front...)

subport4.jpg

Would there be any issues with this design? Should the port be off the side panel a bit or is it fine using the side panel as one of its walls? Any issues with the port not running the whole face of the front panel? Looks wise I would much prefer to go the design in the previous post but still not sure about if it will work regarding the comment of port length having to be measured from the centre of the angle....?

What i think looks logical to do, is going by the 2nd to last picture (post 42) is that i would make two squares, one is the square you have in red, the other is double the grey area, you should be able to then use that to find out some sort of port area with some simple math.

just a guess, im no expert

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

there is nothing wrong with the design above #42 second drawing, you just need to know how to calculate it,

to work out the length you use the centre of the port, its that east

it not 100% since, but the worst you can be out is the max or min length of the angle, so +or- 1hz normally

heres 1 i did for a vvx10

except the port runs the other way, its not that hard to calculate the difference even if the port size changes like this one does

hence the 31.5-33hz, is the upper and lower, so tune is somewhere between

vvx.png

Dont listen to me :P

^^^ that guy knows what hes talking about

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

haha, thanks any way for giving it a crack! Ive no issues with calculating the volume of any shape, its just wether the design for the port is actually effective in achieving the purpose...

haha, thanks any way for giving it a crack! Ive no issues with calculating the volume of any shape, its just wether the design for the port is actually effective in achieving the purpose...

well thats what i get for skipping to the end of a thread :L my bad

Archived